Permanent Copy from mailbox bugged

This is an old issue but the old thread is closed for comments so here’s the new thread. Because it’s still happening.

For certain (not all), mails from NPC’s, an attempt to use the “Click to make a permanent copy of this letter.” feature not only fails to make a “Plain Letter” permanent copy, but it breaks your mailbox so you can neither interact with any items in that message or any other, nor can you mail anything out. This condition remains until you log out or /reload.

Examples include:
(Easy one to verify) New Death Knights on the “Abandoned Mail” quest
ALL of the Brewfest BotM Club letters (including the welcome)
Children’s Week orphan letter
Some (not all) of the Postmaster’s “Lost Mail” questline letters
Rexxar’s reward for Darktide Roost

During the WoW’s 14th Anniversary event, THAT message did produce a plain letter copy - but the Brewfest letter attached to the Brew of the Month for November (and December) did not - and glitched the mailbox again.

Further updates will continue as we progress through the rest of the holidays - some of last year’s Winter Veil messages were also bugged.

3 Likes

Confirmed today - thank you note from Greatfather Winter glitches and breaks mailbox until reload/logout. This is one of those letters that includes the special “< Your Name >” function where it automatically puts the name of the bearer into the letter. Cannot be reproduced by just typing a duplicate letter. Text of the letter follows:

Ho Ho Hello, < Your Name >! I hope you have a fantastic Feast of Winter Veil!

You were so nice in helping me out with my sweet tooth, that I wanted to send you a little something extra. It’s a sampler of delicious Smokywood Pastures treats. If you haven’t gotten any yet, be sure to do so before the season ends!

Seasons Greetings…
Greatfather Winter

2 Likes

This is still happening. Tried to buy a faction change and can’t cause i have undeletable email

3 Likes

Confirmed the letter that comes with the “Recipe: Hot Apple Cider” from Father Winter (and presumably the ones for the Leatherworking and Tailoring) do not create permanent copies and do break the mailbox.

You should still be able to delete any mail message (though you may have to /reload or log out and back in if you clicked on “Make a permanent copy”). If you cannot simply use the “delete” option open a ticket and a GM should be able to remove the mail for you. Here’s an old-forums thread showing how to do that:

2 Likes

Neither of the letters attached to the leather working pattern (for the boots) or the tailoring (chest) allow a permanent copy to be made. Attempting to click on it will break the mailbox, disabling it so you can’t receive anything from, nor send anything out of, the mailbox.

1 Like

Experienced this today. Cala Cruzpot-Endangered Preservationists. Can’t make a copy. Can’t delete it either.

1 Like

Confirmed that this issue has been resolved as far as the Brewfest monthly brew letters. Will update as the one-off quest letters such as Rexxar’s Darktide Roost reward and the Postmaster chain are completed by new characters.