People with jobs Report In!

Yeah, because someone quitting their job to live at their mothers house to play video games all day sounds like a great idea. At least they are happy, right?

1 Like

Working till 5, reporting for duty.

1 Like

Yeah, make those damned tax payers pay for it.

2 Likes

I come to the forums to escape the fact that I have to work for a living. That I have yet to win a powerball, publishers, or find a sugar daddy/momma/non-binary that will take care of me. I have also failed in all of my time traveling events to become a second grader again.

Jobs would be so much better if they had a nap time along with lunch. Some days I just want someone to read me a story while I fall asleep and still get paid for it.

3 Likes

Some careers allow that. I’m sitting here at the office with little to nothing to do making more an hour while chilling on the forum than many people make a day.

Shoot high and apply yourself, life will pay you back.

I know you are being sarastic, but yes. As long as they are happy then they aren’t really wasting their life. We put so much judgement on what others do with their lives and what is considered “a waste of time”. But anything can be a waste of time, from hating your job and still working there, to just watching Netflix or playing games.

Also nothing wrong with people who lives with their parents, in this world it’s probably better to do that then go out. We need to stop judging people for not moving out of home.

1 Like

Ever since I was little all I ever wanted to do was be retired. I am not joking, that was my first job choice as a little one. My parents told me I had to work 25 to 30 years before that could happen.

There are not many options for people that do not want to work but still get paid.

1 Like

If an able-bodied person in their 20’s and 30’s sits at home playing video games all day while living with their parents while their parents go to work…

c’mon.

That’s a really respectable person, lol. To each their own though. If they are happy living like that, so be it. One day their mommy and daddy won’t be there for them.

I’d honestly kick my kids out of the house, they would have to live at a homeless shelter before I raised a leech.

You can have a job that doesnt occur on Monday morning.

Like “job” doesnt mean 9-5 Mon-Fri. Or whatever shift you have that you think you can gloat at others.

1 Like

Who would be the tax payers though? If everyone was just collecting 3k a month …

Very true.

Cladis, why are you so mean? I don’t have a job, I am on disability for mental illness. I live with my mom at home. Do you hate me? Think I’m a leech? Think I should be homeless?

1 Like

I said able-bodied. If you have a condition that keeps you from working then that’s understandable.

Evil, truth, but evil

I was asleep cuz I work Midnight’s lol

I don’t know why this was funny to me. I laughed at it more than it probably deserved. :grin:

They are thinking of taxing corporations for something like a UBI. More and more jobs are being able to be handled by automation, that means less jobs for human workers. I know people are wondering why corporations would go for that but we have to remember that without people to buy products there would be no corporations.

There are some interesting debates around the whole UBI issue with a world wanting to use robots more and more.

The US will never go full welfare state, thankfully. We’re on the brink but I don’t believe full on will ever happen.

I worked midnight to 8am, so…

:woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

That would be the downside and they do need to be prepared for something like that. Again I think whatever makes them happy, and if their parents are fine with it, that’s okay too.

I probably wouldn’t kick my kid out, but I would encourage them to get a job and eventually move out. (Or live there and save money for a house, depends what they do). But if I am rich by some miracle, (I doubt doing my current job would make me rich, nice job but not going to do that kind of miracle), I guess I wouldn’t force them. However I would teach them values and other ways to help society. (Random Acts of Kindness, Charities, Homeless shelters etc,)