People who log in solely to be pessimistic and negative about the game and/or its playerbase

Why do you do this?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and is responsible for their own actions. But I just don’t understand what compels players to be so brash as to project their bitter attitude(s) towards random internet strangers?

Putting the politics aside for a moment (even when a majority of the time in-game/forum conversations devolve into politics anyways), there are those of us who still do actually enjoy playing the game and are having/trying to have a fun time doing so.

That does not mean we are not unaware of the situation or the circumstances surrounding the company. That does not automatically presume that we don’t feel sympathetic for the victims. Even if we are not as outspoken about it, or completely silent altogether. A lot of people log in just to simply play the game, for one reason or another. I am just simply trying to play the game to have fun and take a break from the stresses of real life.

GD seemed to be a source to reach out to a lot of people, so I’m sure there will be mixed responses to this, if any at all. Before any “copium” jokes get thrown in, I do want to point out that I am not a WoW only player, and WoW is just one of the games I do enjoy playing. Of course it has its flaws, and WoW may not be the best thing ever. However, many others like myself have devoted a lot of time to this game and still find enjoyment in it, and would just like to continue playing the game without having to see some crude remarks about how dead the game is, how the company is “too busy diddling their devs to make a good game”… you get the gist.

Thankfully the ignore function exists.

12 Likes

It is okay to be realistic about the current state of the game. The game needs work and BlizZard needs to show respect for their employees. Keeping it real!

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

34 Likes

Misery enjoys company

5 Likes

They are addicted to the game and cant stop.

8 Likes

I am all for discussion and constructive criticism (of anything in general), but, when someone whose opinion is different than yours makes you feel borderline like a bad person for just playing a video game, it just gets discouraging. And kinda feeds into that stigma of “toxic community.” When I know that isn’t the case because a lot of people I know are genuinely good people who enjoy the game! It’s the outspoken ones that seem to weigh the heaviest, and it’s what I perceive to be unnecessary. But that other player may feel it’s necessary to voice their opinion no matter how callous it might seem to be or at least appears to be that way.

I see your posts in GD a lot Mafic and you seem like a swell individual to converse with. I wish there were more players like you around!

So true, both very valid points. I can understand being upset, what I can’t wrap my head around is trying to make others around you feel the same for basically no reason other than letting emotions overcome you.

I log in with the hope I will one day get a code for free pie.

3 Likes

Remember when we used to be able to order Dominoes pizza from in-game? :rofl:

Or was it Little Ceasers? Hmmm… :thinking:

2 Likes

You answered your own question…

4 Likes

I suppose so.

I still don’t understand why people want to log in just to tell people that they think the game sucks.

:man_shrugging:

3 Likes

What type of pie???

1 Like

Trolls mainly.

2 Likes

Because i hate what my favorite game has turned into and i want to see it changed back to how it was before the current crowd ran it into the ground.

My hopes is that the pessimism and negativity will drive off the common player so that way we are left with the people who actually wanna see WoW returned to waht it was, the restoration of the systems that worked, and the passion return to the game.

To hopfully see the M+ crowd bugger off to FFIX, to see the mythic raiding world first BS come to an end. To make he game fun again, and not a crappy time sink that it has become.

13 Likes

“Copium” is a really thin premise for a joke I mean I get it I just don’t find it particularly funny.

1 Like

It’s what it seems like… One player was stating that the game was dead, and when several people interjected, they responded with “Well I guess it wouldn’t make much of a difference to casual players,” or something along those lines.

1 Like

The people who really enjoy this game just log do whatever they do participate not in game chat or forums get done with whatever they do log go on with there day. Most the people on forums and game chat spend way to much time on social media and thus use the game as social media it’s all toxic so but grats on you for at least using ignore most just complain while not stopping it themselves. The word toxicity is a joke anyway most of the stuff ain’t even toxic

1 Like

I wouldn’t let any of the stuff said on the forum bring you down. Like I stated in another post, the forum is full of ridiculous people with ridiculous ideas. Don’t take the forum seriously. Also, if you pay attention to these constant “FFXIV is better then WoW” threads, you’ll notice it’s the same dozen or two jokers posting in those threads. They also are the same ones that come out in force when someone starts a thread that is critical of FFXIV.

1 Like

Why do random people in game seem to hold this power over you? I haven’t been in /2 in retail for years, I would recommend you leave it if you don’t like trolls, carry spam, and hot takes. If it is happening out of /2 I recommend ignoring those people. Of course you are only going to be seeing most of this while sitting in a city in the first place…

3 Likes

I don’t find copium particularly funny at all either. I really didn’t even know what it was until someone explained it to me in some other forum post.

1 Like

Cherry preferably but any pie is fine.

1 Like

It’s a forum. There is always negativity and right now we have a “scandal” that will eventually die off and be forgotten. Other ones will crop up, but right now this one is pretty massive and everyone wants to put their two (or 20) cent opinion in…including me.

I don’t think anything less or more of player’s general personal decisions.

I’ve never seen this board not picking on someone or something in game. It’s the nature of a forum.

However, only a few of the funny, uplifting, and sometimes crude wonderful people that lifted the ill will up from the morass have stayed. A few wise “Yoda’s” remain with their cookies - though Hawkins chili is sorely missed. Lol

New & veteran posters are rising to the challenge of making the negative positive. “Build it and they will come.” Lol

“The game is dead” is ubiquitous and will never end.

I remember feeling this way during BFA. I was a minority.

To be honest I’ve seen more players blaming the new term "woke people " than anything else barring the state of the game.

Things will move on -

1 Like