People that play Female toons

Why do you get mad if people assumed that you were a female?

How am I supposed to call you “he” if in my eyes you are a female and a stranger?

It just happened in a low level dungeon, a Female blood elf hunter wasn’t inside the dungeon yet… I said where is she? then she replied with "Dude I have a … "

Like really? so I’m gonna assume everyone is a male now?

41 Likes

There can’t be a whole lot of people that would get mad about that. You probably met the only one.

83 Likes

I don’t

I think people who get bent over such things are silly.

30 Likes

Players who get upset over that are idiots. I know people aren’t mindreaders, so I couldn’t care less if they assume I’m a female because in most games I play female characters if given the option.

25 Likes

I play a mix of male and female toons. I certainly don’t get offended if you refer to me in a female tense while playing my female toons. If someone starts acting weird I do whip out in a dude. I also don’t play up being a female at all. In that I mean I tend to over exaggerate frat boy terms while playing female toons. Broseph comes up a lot.

4 Likes

In addition to a love button, can we have a laugh button to express our amusement?

I haven’t seen this weekly thread for two whole weeks…probably because everyone was triggered by the CFO’s leaving and so on and the naming and shaming thing of those Korean people I’m guessing.

3 Likes

i don’t, because i’m a woman.

9 Likes

I’ve played off and on since open beta of Vanilla and never really encountered anyone that was especially annoyed at being misgendered in a game while they were playing a character of the gender they were assumed to be.

It doesn’t sound like the person in question was that mad either, they just had a colorful way of letting you know what their actual gender was.

2 Likes

I assume that Im talking to a guy unless stated otherwise. I grew up when guys played games and rolled female toons (when they were available) to get free stuff off other players naive enough to believe they were female… it was funny and in hindsight probably deserved.

4 Likes

I feel the same way unless its a healer named Fluffybunny… then I get skeptical

4 Likes

Smashy, my recommendation is you go to college and learn about the 100+ gender pronouns.

3 Likes

I didn’t typed the entire conversation… he was indeed mad.

1 Like

This is a good idea if you’re from a rich family and have no need for an actual job later.

Otherwise go to dental hygienist school and make 80gs starting out.

1 Like

I don’t know. Why do people give me free stuff and ask for pictures, but then get upset when there is a baseball bat and balls in it? The world is a strange place.

Excuse me it’s MA’AM! triggered

Note if you don’t get the meme than disregard.

2 Likes

Its a changing world (not a bad thing imo) and with gender identity and sex becoming …very slowly… a non issue it doesn’t matter really. Androgyny is the way of the future for equality and thats fine by me as it in no way affects my life.

Thats how you know its a dude tbh

I once met a couple with the wife playing the male human warrior and husband playing the female human priest healer. It was funny and interesting but nothing weird really.

It’s the perfect dream world and we can choose to be whatever we want to be, so why limit our imagination? We don’t have to be a human just cuz we are one in real life. We can be a cattle like Tauren
if we want or a wolf worgen if we want and we can even change the gender if we want. Race, Age, Gender are meaningless in this dream world. Enjoy your freedom.

4 Likes

lol

It’s a video game. There’s no way of knowing off the bat if the female character is being played by a male, or vice versa. Knowing all of the gender pronouns in the world isn’t going to help you.

8 Likes

I don’t get mad. It’s their assumption, not mine. I correct them politely and move on. They’ll have to be the ones to make a stink about it, because it won’t be me.

That’s a “you” issue. You call me whatever you initially think I am. I’ll respond appropriately. No deceptions, no trickery. If it’s still a problem after that, it isn’t on me.

And this one’s on them, not you. Just don’t sweat it. They’ll either learn that they will be called by their character’s apparent gender or they won’t. If not, whatevs.

From my perspective, you’re all pixels on my screen. Your gender is your character gender until I find out otherwise. And then you’re just another gamer to me. I treat them all the same, including the ladies.

1 Like