People Selling Real Money Carries

So I used to get these in-game mails, with these clowns advertising carries for real money, or their boosting website on my alts and I just used to report them and move on with my day. Apparently now, these scumbags have taken to sending players calendar invites, so I guess they got tired of people reporting their advertising accounts, and are now trying to circumvent that, as I personally am unaware of any easy way to report through the calendar. I went to the battle net website and opened a ticket, but it was inordinately difficult to do so…like the hoops I had to jump through felt like being bounced around on a customer service hotline, when nobody really knows wth to do about your issue. I dunno what losers are actually buying these carries and incentivizing these douchebags to go to such lengths to sell them…but something needs to be done honestly.

13 Likes

What do you suggest be done to fix this? Personally, I am grinding my Axe and am ready to answer your call, Bjorindahll! Raises Axe with one hand and mug o’ ale with the other! Then flips the big orange beard on my shoulder and nods! LESGO!

2 Likes

Honestly can’t tell if you’re trolling :face_with_diagonal_mouth: Nothing can really be done about selling carries for gold because Blizzard allows it; but selling for money is essentially facilitating the violation of a contract (TOS). I’m not sure if that’s technically illegal, as the ones actually breaking said contract, are the buyers of those services…still I think Blizz just needs to go after the websites and their owners :man_shrugging:

1 Like

BRO I GOT MY WAR AXE AND MUG O’ ALE READY. I AM YOUR FRIEND DORF! cries

4 Likes

You just right click on the calendar entry and select report player…

6 Likes

Lol this guy.

So someone somewhere out in the ether buys a key or raid clear for money.

How does this effect you exactly? and why are you emotionally upset enough to whine about it?

4 Likes

they need to write an algorithm for anyone posting Playcarry in the voice chat channel without telling anyone, so it appears in the listings only for them (this is so it appears to them that nothing is wrong). then they need to restrict mail with any URL known to be RMTing and not allow it to send. but again have it appear that the mail has sent.

as for the calendars i dunno if the previous 2 solutions would work. but surely they can go after the sellers websites…

2 Likes

Lemme guess, you either sell keys or buy them yourself right? “Why do people care if I do whatever I feel like doing, even if it ruins PUG groups?”…but I’m whining right? You sound like a child who cries and keeps asking “but mommy why?” when you’re told no. You’re entitled af tbh.

3 Likes

I’m the entitled one?

Your whole post is trying to dictate what people do with their time and money because it hurts your feelings.

That’s cute.

3 Likes

The interface for submitting a ticket is so obscured and hard to find. It’s unacceptable. They try to make it so you cannot make one at all easily. I had to hunt around, look at old forum posts, ask friends, you shouldn’t have to do a dang puzzle to put a ticket in. Insanity. Alot of their links are dead ones, by the way. Alot of error 404s. It’s flat out unprofessional.

3 Likes

My feelings aren’t hurt, people like you are just annoying, because you’re on board with participation trophies and unearned achievements, as long as you can benefit from it. You and people like you are literally the cause for degradation of quality across the board.

7 Likes

You still haven’t explained what happens to you because someone bought a key run.

You just keep avoiding the question while crying about it.

3 Likes

RMT should not only get their account banned, but they should be forced to watch Blizz delete all their stuff.

6 Likes

LOL Really? I have to explain this to you? You already know, you just pretend like you don’t understand the problem with it, because otherwise you would have to acknowledge that it’s wrong, and you’re not willing to do that; still I’ll indulge you here if your really want.

You are facilitating the Dunning–Kruger effect. It happens in games like League of Legends too, whereby an unskilled player will feel they deserve a better “score”, and blame everyone else but themselves for their inability to achieve it, and the rewards that go along with it. So what do these players do? Well they pay someone else to earn it for them of course; because clearly those players are just good enough to carry all the bad players on their teams, and they themselves are skilled, but not quite that skilled, so are unable to. They don’t even realize that they are, in fact, the bad players being carried.

Now what do those players do right after paying for a carry? Why they use their score to join higher ranked matches/groups, because now that they’re at their “rightful rank”, surely they won’t be running into the bads that were keeping them down before right? Now they’ll have competent teammates…just one problem…they aren’t at their rightful rank, and so those competent players are now forced to carry a potato sack.

I personally manage to still push io every season in spite of boosteds, but it’s still frustrating every time I run into one of them, and all I can think is “here we go again, another one of THOSE players, that are gonna make the run unnecessarily difficult, because they couldn’t be bothered to climb the right way and learn”.

So why is selling carries so important to you? There are literally a bunch of other ways to make gold in-game, so why pick the one that screws up the ranking system?..oh right, because it’s the fastest way to make gold. Lazy scaley boi :grinning:

Yes I’m aware that there are some exceptions, like people buying carries on alts to gear them faster, but thats maybe 20-30% of carries. Let people earn the damn rewards…that’s why they’re called “REWARDS” …you’re not supposed to be able to buy them.

10 Likes

Sounds like a you issue for not vetting your groups.

So the answer that you drooled on about for no reason should have just been “nothing should happen to me but I’m lazy and force issues on myself to then turn around and blame someone else.”

3 Likes

Yea keep denying you’re doing anything wrong. “Sounds like a you issue for walking around with that nice watch, you should’ve known somebody would steal it from you”…see how it doesn’t work when you apply it to anything else? You’re either willfully ignorant, or incredibly dumb. I do in fact vet my groups, but depending on what point were are at in the season, it can be difficult to tell them apart. If I see a player with only 8 +20 runs timed, and we have been at that stage for over 2 months, then of course I’ma gonna think the person might be boosted (8 dungeons + 8 timed runs = boosted maybe?). Still you need to stop facilitating garbage, and I’ll do the same by ceasing to respond to you :v:t3:

Are you justifying breaking the terms of service through misdirecting ?

6 Likes

So if you vet you groups (I don’t believe you) how would you still have problems?

You still haven’t made it clear how it’s not your fault for playing with boosted characters?

Of course he is. Players like him don’t care about how they impact the game for everyone else, only about their own benefit. He is literally hard defending it because it’s just something he wants to do, and enjoys being able to benefit from it, so who cares about what anyone else thinks amirite?

OMG NOT THE TOS!!!

Hey, maybe you can explain how someone somewhere buying a key run effects you.

Unlike op here who just makes there own problems by being lazy.

1 Like