People seem to love to insult the lead narrative designer

For years, the company has said no one person makes all the calls. But once everyone decided they hate the story, they dredge up the ex-employee sex offender who hasn’t been with the company for 4 years to blame… and start leaking how everything was his fault.

A little too convenient.

If BFA & SL were good enough to put his name on, Danuser deserves credit for them.

9 Likes

You don’t need a degree in social psychology to know BS when you see it.

3 Likes

What am I reading? What is the relevance?

“But I read books!” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Well, you didn’t answer my question why Chromie story isn’t a scenario,questline? I don’t blame Danuser, Its a team effort and so far, they ruined Old Gods plotline, maybe they can comeback but the story was perfect for a whole expansion.

Also, Shadowlands was the perfect expansion to address the Drust, however; Blizzard decided to add some few questlines and forgot about the Drust during the whole expansion after 9.0 storyline.

Need I have to reposted it twice on the same thread.

What is the relevance of this to what I’m saying?

1 Like

Everyone on these forums is a professional world class writer

Chromie and stuff is little to no effect on how dragonflight will end up same goes for the joyful occasion.

There’s not a relevance, all the events in any book can be scenarios or questlines via vehicles, like MoP did with Anduin and the Horde/Alliance npcs.

4 Likes

Have you not read it? I assume you didn’t he (Steve Danuser) explain it that every big moment will be done in game while small stuff will be done outside.

I feel like there were multiple times after Afrasabi left that they could’ve changed the narrative and recovered.

6 Likes

The worst take on the internet today.

3 Likes

Gameplay matters, it’s a game, they should bring everything to the game, so players can get attached to chracters…etc

Just imagine all the players that didn’t get any content on S4, but they could get a questline or scenario at least later, similar to the prologue events.

He’s their fall guy, apparently. Don’t get me wrong, he was/is a terrible human being, but they can only pin so much on him before it becomes suspect.

6 Likes

Season 4 was done by a small team how would they get anything bigger done? Tell me? Everyone was on Dragonflight.

Okay so you don’t know what you’re talking about.

Blizzard has put details about character motivation in books and will certainly continue to do so. My point is that unless the book has some details on why I should care about Razageth as a character, some sort of compelling narrative hook, she’s just going to flop. I’ve seen the “big moments” in game and she’s just bland and boring and twirls her mustache and unless there’s some sort of character development behind her in a book, she’s going to suck.

4 Likes

Well, that’s planning ahead, that’s why i said, it’s a team effort. Not only the narrative team.

for example, I think all the Drust content was cut because of delays between several teams.

Oh so you think it’s just that character obviously you don’t know what is truly going on in Dragonflight at this point you’re just saying random stuff to get me to respond.

If Blizzard hires me I could.

I write my own worlds for D&D campaigns, I think I can handle a multi-million dollar franchise.