People reporting account bans for afk reports in bgs

Yea that’s my point. Not sure if you meant to reply to me.

1 Like

Imagine getting reported afk and banned for defending a node instead of road fighting. WHEW!

3 Likes

It’s been like that forever. Defend a node all game, then get called “afk” when someone gets mad they are losing and sees “everyone” doing nothing at that node. (They are rezzing in a lot of cases.)

What follows next usually seals the loss is some banter about overall damage and killing blows and in some cases “haha nice server” type insults which generally speaking is all nonsense projected to some make random mad triggered losing BGer feel better about themself :slight_smile:

lmao what a dumb thing to say, you even doubt yourself

That may be, but the vote to kick afk would still be nice.

Don’t edit the quote nerd.

Why do you want them to edit your quote?

Alright then if you insist

Also unrelated but this thread reminds me of people in comp stomp reporting single sitters who don’t zug to farm because they’re waiting for the stealthed npc to try to cap lm/gm

People are silly

I didn’t genius, everything in the quote is what you said.

Just played last night after my kids went to bed and my youngest ran into my room WAILING because he heard a noise… with 5 mins left on D in Wintergrasp. That one hurt to AFK out of.

I’m 1000% sure Blizzard implemented something that would remove someone from a random BG at one point. It might have been due to the frequency of how many or in a short duration other players reported someone AFK. Heck, it didn’t seem to matter. I’ve been removed from a random BG in the past for just taking control in chat when people were just fighting on roads. I wasn’t even being a jerk, and it seemed to be when groups joined.

With that said, I’ve not seen this happen for a long time. Then again, I don’t like playing retail because this character and about 20 other level 50s are level 50s. I swore I did read Blizzard might have removed this due to groups kicking under geared players out of the random BG; I’m 99% sure that’s why they removed it from memory.

Just to follow up, it wasn’t that AFK person in AV cave. It happened even if you were playing the game.

If it was that close to the end, I would have taken my chances and just stayed in the match. Just park your toon near a flag at a workshop.

1 Like

^^^ This is what people are getting a one week vacation for…

You can’t do this or people will group kick people unfortunately.

Maybe in Classic but not here.

I see habitual afk’ers in epics all the time. We call them out and get them removed but they keep coming back.

I didn’t get banned but I just finished getting kicked from a turtle AV round after I spent 30 mins fighting. I had an emergency where I had to step away for less then 2 mins I stood at graveyard and got reported kicked for AFK. I was legit back on PC on my mount running back to the battle and got kicked mid run, this shouldn’t be a thing. @blizz

1 Like

There is an automated system that kicks you if you stay inactive too long near a GY.

1 Like

Yeah, honestly, I would have done that as well. Snuggled the kid while sitting in front of the pc in case. Scared kids take a while to get back to sleep anyway, they are only looking for reassurance/comfort.

Do you have a source for it being a 7 day suspension instead of being a 30 day suspension for EU?