People don't bother learning how to play anymore

Im no where near an elitist. I still find it ridiculous that i can get decent gear without setting foot in a raid. Every tier that was one of my goals to try and get better so I could see if I could get aotc without asking for help from one of my friends. (I dont like guilds i pug) Now I dont even see a point in having a main since i have nothing to work for. (No class mogs or tier bonuses to work towards too) My altoholism has been left unchecked. So now I will just stick to being a wh*** in the sims 4 when im not leveling countless alts. Thanks blizz.

The potatoes are also the ones calling for RaiderIO to be banned, they don’t like getting filtered out for being bad.

1 Like

The problem with your thinking is that those players are seldom to non existent these days. That need vanilla or bc progression. Players would rather drop out of a plane and should people in a battle royal then level up then out together a 40 man raid to take down an npc.

Raiding is great its a big part of the game and the story. But far more playable game modes have came out since like pvp and m+

They were trying to make objective based pvp island expeditions but they were pretty novice but a cool idea. If they had more playable game modes in WoW a streamer could log in and hit the quick play button if they liked and would be in a rated que, people would see that and say hey, I could do that too.

They are coming out with classic WoW that people will get to play and I will probably play my self. But the modern WoW could skyrocket. With more playable game modes. If they made classes more customizable and it was all more accessible to more players.

This one I can answer. Item level scaling. If Blizzard would stop messing around with that, folks who are 325 wouldn’t get trucked out in the world. Hell, it’s not exactly easy for a lot of specs/classes at 340. 370 you pretty much feel like you can take care of yourself. So I understand why they want it. Other than the “Oh look at my pretty shinies!” thing anyway.

And again, it comes down to being Blizzard’s fault. No matter what issue is brought up, repeatedly, and beaten like a dead horse, repeatedly, in the end the fault lies with Blizzard, repeatedly. The list of things Blizzard has messed up in the last few expacs, going back to WotLK imo but that’s my opinion, is pretty much endless. Some things would show up on some folk’s list. And others would show up on yet another group’s list. Just the way of the world. But almost everyone agrees that things have gone wrong and need to be addressed. It’s just the details that get fought over.

1 Like

Every time I read this I wonder… Just what is your definition of caught up? Seriously interested.

It is Blizzard’s definition not mine: What's Changing (and Not!) in Season 2

1 Like

You know, I hadn’t thought of it like this, but that’s truly the case. The bad players (like myself) actually “need” better gear just to do WQ’s and dungeons because we don’t play well enough to survive otherwise. Without the ilvl scaling, it would be fine.

I remember having lots of trouble when I first opened WQ’s, so I know the scaling was a problem for me. Now I do fine. I don’t really care if my gear is blue or purple or what level it is, but I do like to feel that reaching max level makes me more powerful. That hasn’t been the case ever since they did the ilvl scaling. Maybe I didn’t earn the nice gear I just got from a Warfront (in which I participated to my utmost) but I sure could use it.

Not from a jedi…

1 Like

Okay, read that. The only catchup mechanic I see is the AK for the necks. Nowhere did I see a mention of a catchup. I mean, I saw all the free gear being announced that was being increased in iLevel. But that was in the game at, or shortly after, the start of the expac, so I don’t really consider it to be a “catchup” mechanic.

But, that’s beside the point. I asked for YOUR definition of caught up. If you don’t want to give it, or don’t know what that would be or how you would define it, just say so.

Because spending one’s money on fluffy adorable things automatically means “bad at the game”? Wow, that train of thought seems like it got into quite the wreck.

1 Like

That is a definition of catch up gear.

2 Likes

We’ll agree to disagree on that. No point pursuing that particular line of debate because I’m sure we will never agree. What you view as catchup gear I view as free gear for doing nothing.

But I still want to know, catching you up to what? You have a specific iLevel in mind?

6 Likes

The ilvl needed to be able to get new players and alts into the new raid.

1 Like

Which level of raid?

Truth. It’s hilarious that Blizz sold Warfronts to be an epic thing only to be utilized as a “catchup mechanic for alts”. What a waste…

1 Like

I agree with you somewhat. However, people want the shiny sht, and if we went back to a Classic/BC model, of raiders being the hardcore of the hardcore and nobody else, it would suck.
I think that Warfronts, Raidfinder and Mythic0 should give the same gear level, and once per rotation give a piece of Normal Uldir-level gear.
I think that it’s bullsh
t that I, as a Heroic level raider, have only barely higher ILvl that my friend, who doesn’t raid at all, from Emissaries, Warfronts and the World Bosses on Warfronts.
I think that Mythic10s should give the same gear at Mythic raiding, because it’s just as hard, but saying that it’s an issue with the players is because the gear being given out ALLOWS for the lack of skill, and still gives the rewards. Outgearing content makes it easy, and that is what allows people to get lazy and not bother with the mechanics.

4 Likes

I think it is more about people don’t bother learning how to put the correct mix of addons together.

The addons tell the elite players how to do their rotations and what ability the boss will use next. Without those addons a player is at a disadvantage.

Whoever made those addons has a lot of skill. Those using it , not so much. With the help of the right addons monkeys could be taught to be mythic raiders. Only, who would bother to train them.

Still, those that aspire to greatness in WoW better learn to use them.

I don’t use those addons outside of raids, and didn’t use them at all until I joined a raid guild. I didn’t even download Weakauras until we hit Mythic, and the only things I use it for are telling me when CDs are ready and spacing for spread mechanics more precisely than I could do by eye (if you wait for the WA to show up before spreading, you’re probably already dead).

Believe it or not, people are quite capable of dodging boss and mob mechanics by eye as long as their eyes are actually up on the field instead of down on their bars clicking buttons.

1 Like

When players are actively turned away from end content outside of LFR, and players patience is limited to Git Gud, then you are going to see this get worse. When I say elitist I don’t mean good raiders that are helpful or guilds like this, Im talking about those that automatically go for the exclusionary path.

Thats not to say there are players that are lazy and just want to be carried which is just as bad. My experience with raiding is bitter sweet and while Id like to say Ive seen a lot of good players wanting to teach others sadly this isn’t the case and they are in the minority.

Im going to agree with the ilevel scaling comment. It needs to go. Mob scaling okay, ilevel scaling, hell to the NO.

We didnt want it in Legion and I dont like it now.

I am sick to death of new toons at 325 or that ilevel being roadkill. That and the bad itemisation…a caster that is haste starved wont fare well. THREE pieces of gear have no secondaries.

Weapon drops, gear drops are bad. Ive said repeatedly that when levelling and at max level, the gearing process needs work.

Heres another one: “you get a 385 piece”…if your neck isnt high enough you cant even USE the traits on it.

You DO get weaker as you level and that is a fundamental failure of the design.

In BFA, add to that the server lag which is still an issue, and any new toons get stomped in open world content.

1 Like