People are so starved for gear they are trying to do mythic+ wearing ACTUAL GARBAGE

That’s it. That’s the thread. Gear doesn’t drop anymore, pugging mythic+ is just a non-stop parade of undergeared hopefuls and it’s sad.

70 Likes

Yeah but I look gooooooooooooooooooooooood.

30 Likes

Gear still drops for sure.
The issue is that the gear that drops has no value long term.
If you aren’t doing Mythic raiding or high level PVP, there is nothing worth wearing outside the vault.

They need to find a way to solve this, and I think the best way is with a currency style upgrading system, similar to what they have in PVP right now.

124 Likes

Isn’t that supposed to be content for acquiring gear?

9 Likes

What would you rather do:

Spam sub 10s for gear and get X amount of gear.

Or spam 10-15s and maybe get Xish amount of gear?

In a perfect world? Yes. But in reality people expect you to outgear the very thing you’re trying to beat and get loot from. Don’t think too much about it, just do mythic+ when you can and it’s fine to be declined.

8 Likes

Mythic+ drops are laughable. 2 pieces of gear for 5 people if you time the dungeon.

If they intend on keeping the loot system the same then they need to bring back the badge system and have a pve vendor.

44 Likes

Did you see past 5 years of wow ?

NOTHING has long term value. Personally I’m not even bothering learning stragegies. it’s wipes every patch.

The whole point of new WoW is to make you re-earn everything every couple of months.

Sadly, WoW is not an RPG anymore. MMO for sure, RPG nop, not at all.

I’m still having fun, don’t get me wrong. I just know what things I shouldn’t invest a second of my time.

40 Likes

People actually do things in WoW to get better gear? What is the world coming to?

2 Likes

Getting 1600 rating and spamming BG’s for honor is currently the best way to gear. M+ is just for the weekly reward.

18 Likes

No thank you. I know some folks still enjoy it, but I was already burned out on dung-raid content in LK.

4 Likes

But I though the casuals were supposed to be brave and try mythics? Or was that a lie?

4 Likes

I don’t blame you. That’s completely understandable. I would feel the same way too if I was in your place.

Don’t worry; gear doesn’t drop in raids or timewalking (now), either.

Balanced, as all things should be…?

2 Likes

We are so dependent for gear we are having withdraw symptoms. The gear drought is the worst. We need relief soon.

The drought is so bad that people have to ask for gear that drops off bosses.

Can I have that ring?
Can I have that cloak?
Can I have that Sword?
Can I have that Helmet?

It is getting tiring that people have to ask me for loot drops at almost every dungeon.

Can I have that trinket?
Can I have can I have ….etc

For the love of love bump up the loot drop rate by another 1% at least.

It feels like were rationing water.

23 Likes

Right, by long-term I mean the duration of the season.
Sorry for the confusion.

7 Likes

Mythic +2’s are hard to find at this point, unless its early in the week. It seems everyone is pushing high end keys all the time and as for Castle Nathria it is nothing like the pugging scene for Nyalotha. Maybe it is because it did not get raid ready until last week though and people are done with normal Nathria…it is just hard to find groups outside of a guild for some reason. O and the constant selling of runs, that practice needs to be banned.

5 Likes

True end game of modern WoW is mounts, pets, and mogs.

15 Likes

More than likely they won’t until its very late into the expansion, as this all pushes tokens honestly.

3 Likes

Regardless of accusation, The whole boar at level 50 is just as powerful at level 60 (same boar) because of that scaling has made gear/power progression awful. SMH.

6 Likes