People are already being too picky with keys

OP, if you are feeling lonely and need attention you can make a fun/friendly thread or even just happy friday; people will engage. There’s no need to stoop to this sad level of trolling.

Almost every one of my keys so far has had a ret Paladin they are everywhere.

Also on season reset you see a condensation of the player pool all in similar key ranges. I’ve seen 20+ applicants for a +4 with many over 490-495.

1 Like

OP nobody is denying you due to not wanting paladins. Ret is one of the most sought after dps in M+ due to its combination of damage, survivability, and utility. Paladin is also widely considered the second best tank.

What is likely happening is that the groups are denying you because they already have one or two paladins in them. Look around man- paladins are everywhere.

3 Likes

The amount of Paladins running around right now is insane. Youre just one fish in an entire ocean of Paladins

3 Likes

99% of the keys I’ve done so far this season were guild keys, so yes I am 1500, but that was done outside of pug runs for like 1-2 runs. I primarily wrote this when I was tired and angry so I will own i did blow some things out of proportion.

Idk if people realize that there’s like 50 applicants to every key and everybody just grabs the big number

It doesn’t because so did everybody else

1 Like

what kennie said
you list a key, a billion dps sign up almost immediately. if we need something in our comp that you dont have, or if another dps that brings the same stuff you do signs up with better io, youre out of luck

and there are just so many ret palas running around and we dont always want to double up

You are placing too much emphasis on your ability from previous seasons… why would I take you if your score is near-zero and there are other applications that already have > 1,000 score? Those with that high a score are clearly capable of S4 M+ content as they’ve demonstrated that… you are hoping that because you did it in S1/S2 that you should get the same preferred selection treatment? Good luck with that. :frowning:

RIO only shows S3 in-game, not prior seasons, so few would know you did it back then anyway and it’s probably irrelevant to them… they want 2K+ score from S3 or 1K+ score right now in S4. Is that ridiculous? Yes, because people without those scores can likely do the content. Is it unreasonable? No, because highly qualified applicant will FLOOD your listing and it’s easy, so very easy, to just pick good players over those that have lower scores and are “unproven” in S4.

List your own key and you’ll be the one taking high-score applicants… problem solved.

1 Like

Whoa, the party leaders actually whispered you after declining you saying they didn’t want paladins? That’s wild. Might be one of those make your own groups and prove them wrong times!

You’re already doing 9’s. Give it a week or two for people to get some gear. Trying to get into the highest keys 3 days after the season starts will always be rough.

The ~30 ilvl jump has made the start of this season hell for judging strangers.

It’s like a perfect storm.

Last season it was, tbh, pretty easy to get rating. Someone who just did 20s for vault would be sitting at ~2800. Minimal effort was needed to hit 3000.

And now we have a season where world quest gear can be boosted over previous rare mythic items, and it’s first week so IO is more an indicator of effort than performance.

It’s prettymuch impossible to judge applicants. You just have to go with the friend/guildie, then the highest-ish ilvl/io of the most reasonable sounding class… and there’s a lot of competition in a few classes.

1 Like

I mean I got 3.15k last season, so I again am very capable of doing these keys, heck I’ve already done 8’s and 9’s. Yet it all comes down to FotM right now it feels like. My key personally is a four, was a five but the tank I had last night simply couldn’t handle the run, so I’ll probably tank it tonight just to try and push it to an 8-9 for my last vault slot. The only key I’m missing too is neltharus, so I would be I think around 1700+ if I had one down? Yet I qued for so many of them last night and didn’t get into a single one for the 6-9 range. It just felt bad, and angered me a bit more than it should have.

Question mark???

Ret paladins are doing amazing damage this season and they have very high survivability - if you are getting declined, it has nothing to do with your class/spec

1 Like

That’s true, but 15 of them apply for every key too…

… ok, minor exaggeration… it’s more like 4-5 every couple of minutes.

I got in a group the key was a 2 the leader was a tank he let 49 ppl que and dident take any of themi will never know if he found that perfect group i left.

It’s time for follower keys! :slight_smile:

This is what happens when Blizzard favors meta classes for entire seasons and balances M+ for the MDI. Community perception causes non-meta classes to get screwed for invites.

Yea but theres other people probably did them as well probably with higher s3 io with higher ilvl thats Qing

as long as they nuke the rewards and its not reflected in m+ score.

How is m+ balanced for the mdi?