:) Pensive/Pénsive-Dual Faction Community

Hi guys, i’m coming back to the game and i’m convinced your guild is a good place to start.

Since i’ll have a boosted character with the BFA purchase i’m wondering if you guys are more active or in need in one specific guild, the horde or alliance side?

I’m going to roll a Elemental Shaman with Resto off-spec.

1 Like

You guys sound right up my and my buddy’s alley. We’re coming back for 8.2 and are looking for a big group of people to play with, and the fact that you guys play horde too is a huge bonus because we do too!

We have AotC experience throughout Legion and BFA (my experience goes back to Classic, he’s newer) and would love to talk to you some more and see if we’re a good fit!

My btag is Nylos#11610 and I’m looking forward to talking to you guys!

1 Like

Faverossi-
Thanks for your interest in Pensive! We always say play what you like so which ever side (or both) you want to play is up to you. We would be happy to have you join us!

Saturday Horde raid team recruiting! Come laugh with us! briar#1421

Unfortunately, my double experience with this guild does not reflect the same opinion as everyone else… maybe it was something I was doing wrong?

I first joined the guild, Alliance side, a few months before BfA launched. I thought I’d get in, get to know people, and have a bit of fun before the new expansion came out. I was encouraged to interact with guild members and generally be a good person to move up in rank. So that’s what I did, or so I thought.

Examples of things I did - I welcomed new members, I congratulated people on achievements (and not the phony auto-grats addon, either), I answered questions, a returning player was trying to gear up in dungeons so I spent a couple of hours healing for him while he learned to tank, a member was trying to build a battle pet collection so I offered for them to join my bank alt guild on another realm to raid the bank for any battle pets they may be missing (3 tabs worth to look through!), I used a two-person mount to fly a guild member around Kalimdor to grab some missing flight paths, I donated a Void-Shrouded Satchel (containing the heirloom trinket) to a new player/member, and I’m sure I’m forgetting other things along the way.

I mean, I feel like that was pretty decent participation.

After about 6 weeks, I asked why I hadn’t moved out of the ‘egg’ rank, and was told to keep participating! I explained that with only 2 months to go until BfA, people weren’t exactly doing a lot in terms of events… and I was then encouraged to start my own events to include others… ok. Like, what? Hardly anyone was running M+ at that time, and people were kind of winding down, doing their own thing, so even when I asked if anyone wanted to join me for pvp or dungeons, everyone was silent.

So I thought I’d give the Horde side a try when BfA came out.

Grouped up a couple of times to do some questing with guild members, and ran a dungeon or two along the way. Seemed pretty smooth. At 120 I ran WQ with a few people and then it was time to gear up in prep for M+. Three times I formed/joined a guild group, and although it was pretty common for a lot of wipes while we learned, two groups broke up because people were too impatient… in a community guild group! The third was pretty uneventful and not really memorable, so I honestly can’t remember what happened overall.

No worries, it happens, right?

Another time I was running random heroics to help a guild member get a high enough ilvl to run mythic, and an officer happened to be plunked into the same random heroic as ours. We said hello in party chat and got no response… so we poked them in guild chat, and still got no response… not even a delayed “whoops, wasn’t watching chat!”. A bit weird, but not really too bothersome. Still a bit odd.

Several days later, another officer was asking in guild chat if anyone wanted to run some mythics, so I said sure, I could heal or dps if that was needed. At first, they said sure, sounds good… but then after a few moments, they said they had changed their mind and decided to run out and grab a bite to eat first, and would be back later to run mythics. So I said I’d be online, and just let me know if there was a spot open or not because I’d love to join. Maybe 1/2 hour later, they came back online, and I didn’t want to pester them as soon as they logged on, so I waited a few minutes to see if they were going to form a group. Eventually, I asked in guild chat if they were still making a group, and got no response, so I decided to wait a few more minutes (I don’t like to be annoying). I double checked the guild roster to make sure I wasn’t imagining things, and saw they had already ventured into a mythic dungeon with 2 other guild members. Umm…

Now, I realize people aren’t going to be forced into grouping with others, and it’s completely their choice on who they decide to interact with… but from a community advertised guild, the whole guild experience was pretty disappointing from start to finish.

Like I said, maybe it was something I had said or done, and maybe the morning crew is a bit tighter than the evening… I dunno, but I’d had really high hopes for being a part of the guild, and it just fell flat for me.

Nothing personal against anyone specifically, but just… meh.

Hi there, I am Briar, the GM of Pensive. Unfortunately I cannot address your concern as well as I would like due to not knowing the toon you had in the guild. I am sorry that your experience was not favorable.

I will say that I am very confused as to the report of being at the initial rank for 6 weeks. Egg to the next rank is incredibly easy to get. Even just saying hello in guild chat or posting in Discord will warrant a promotion point. Only three are needed and at least one week in the guild. I appreciate you being so helpful, however, unless leadership sees it, or it is reported to us, we cannot know what is taking place. We have a team of over ten members of leadership (15 currently), so for activity to not have been seen at least three times would be very concerning. All I can say is that I would have been happy to sort it out had I been notified of an issue such as this.

We do have a policy in place that if a member feels that they are not being promoted in a timely manner, to contact a member of leadership. I can understand if you were aiming for one of the higher ranks- and then yes, being more interactive would have been suggested. But even just scheduling an event or inviting others to do a dungeon etc with you would have warranted a point if a member of leadership was aware. But this would not fit for the initial rank issue you are reporting. So I am afraid I cannot address this effectively.

As far as the issue with the dungeon, it sounds very unfortunate and I would suspect likely a misunderstanding and I can see why that would be frustrating and hurtful.

If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me at Briar#1421

Pensive has been great to me. The environment is friendly and positive to boot! Since vanilla days, I’ve only been in a handful of guilds. My casual playstyle and frequent long breaks make for a difficult fit to see end game content or push mythics. Pensive has been accommodating, besides just being an awesome place to hang out. Strongly recommend.

1 Like

Probably helps if I post from my Pensive character :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I joined the guild back in Nov 2017 and never looked back. I have been in the Assistant GM role but have retired from that role as RL became busier and play time became very casual. I felt that position needed someone that was very visible and interactive.
I started off as being very active, involved in groups/raids, various activities and a chatter box 
Now, I don’t have time for groups/raids, or even activities and I say very little (sometimes). I love to watch the guild chat, it is usually super active.
My point is, you can be involved as much as you want or not. There is always a place in Pénsive/Pensive for any play style. Just remember, you get as much as you give out. Don’t expect anyone to reach out to you if you are quiet as a mouse, if you want to get involved use your voice, join groups, start groups!
Pénsive/Pensive is not perfect, and we won’t please everyone but in my opinion it is a great place to be.
When Classic roles out, that is where I will be spending my play time but rest assured, Pénsive/Pensive guild will also be on that server and I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else.

2 Likes

We <3 you Kat!

1 Like

Free bump, for nice people and allowing me to test my macros on them randomly in cities :joy: :heart:

1 Like

Saturday Horde team still recruiting DPS! High need for ranged <3

@mercyzieglr- thnx for the bump!

I tried to join, but got turned away. :crying_cat_face:

Tideguard,

I didn’t speak with you, so I don’t know the specifics of any conversations, but we normally accept anyone who’s willing to be a positive influence. If you’d like to talk, hit one of us up on bnet.

Yes! Anyone willing to keep vulgarity, toxicity, and begging out of the guild are more than welcome to join! We have no requirements other than to just be a nice person and respect the guidelines <3 (There are requirements for the raid teams of course :wink:)

I can and do continue to praise the environment this guild offers. Even as a casual player, typically in the sidelines doing my own thing, Pensive has been welcoming. For players from all walks of life, Pensive is a good home for good people.

1 Like

Pensive encourages and rewards its interactive participants, however there are no expectations that people HAVE to do something they are not interested in or capable of. We want players to use their WoW time to relax and escape real life stressors in a manner they enjoy. Many groups are going throughout the day and we have a pretty active Discord also used for grouping! As a community guild, we are helpful and work together as well as enjoy the things that matter most to us.

Our Classic guilds are now up and running. Lots of retail guildies playing on Classic. If you are looking for a guild on Classic please /sive on either faction to see who is on and get an invite !

Join us for Classic or retail! High on friendly members and low on drama <3

1 Like

Horde Saturday team now 7H…recruiting experienced DPS and a Healer!