Patterns within Patterns

I hope the quest doesn’t reset with the actual Tuesday maintenance, but rather turn into a “Weekly” when we were supposed to get a new quest next Wed.

If it resets on maintenance, that means we’ll only have TWO DAYS to complete the Sun-Mon-Tues quest. Since Tuesday will be cut

We will not agree on this. You enjoy what you enjoy and I enjoy what I enjoy. Those are two different things. I’m ok with the change from 3 day reset to 1 a week. I just don’t want it to take what I personally feel is too long. The difference here is how much you value your time compared to me.

1 world quest does not give you 20%.

Where did I say it did?

I said you can complete it same day very easily.

This is stupid…
All you had to do was make it repeatable if you didn’t complete XX amount, which simply is the amount you could do since the launch day if you did it every 3 days. Instead you make it worse, by not only increasing what needs done but still not fixing the core issue.

Patterns Within Patterns will behave like the other weekly quests, so it should carry over after it’s become a weekly. You’ll have to complete the 3-day version of the quest prior to the weekly maintenance though, because that won’t be able to carry over to the new quest.

10 Likes

They also nerfed the rep gains from the quest. (assuming that it now gives 1000 rep every week), you’re going to be loosing out on 500 rep every 3 weeks (since you could do it 7 times in 3 weeks, vs the equivalent of 6 times in the same window)

1 Like

I’ve had this quest for 2 or 3 days now; I couldn’t care if it was ever completed. I’m beginning to dread even going to this stupid zone:/

I have a question. Patterns within Patterns last reset on Thursday, which means it would reset again on Monday on the usual 3-day schedule. Does that mean we’re getting another quest on Monday, or will it not spawn at all till Tuesday?

Also, do you have specifics on how much Reputation the quest will give? Because just doubling the reputation wouldn’t be enough, for it to match the current 3-day rotation it would need to give 1165 Reputation (as with the 3-day rotation you would be able to complete the 3-day version 3 times per week in some weeks).

2 Likes

it wasnt wrong then and is not wrong now .

I did the quest in 1 hour yesterday . its so easy to do . Blizards change was totally unneeded . Caving in to the vocal whinging minority again

2 Likes

It would of respawed Monday , before the change to weekly only , meaning some weeks we would get 3 of them , others two .

I hope bliz just doesnt double teh rewards/XP - it needs to be more than double to make up for that

The exact multiple to keep the total rewards the same over time is 7/3 of the current rewards. They are probably not going to do that for all of them, since that will lead to some uneven numbers (1166 rep)

They can always round up lol. It doesn’t have to be a perfect thing. 1200 looks better on the eyes.

Thank you for wadeing in here to the discussion.

Is there any chance you can clarify/verify that we WILL be getting the expected Bi-weekly version which is due on Sunday or Monday(3 days from when the last was available on 2/24) so that those of us hoping to get Honored on Patch day will be able to?

1 Like

Thank you for confirming! That is great to hear.

Probably would have been just as well, or better, to just not have it reset on people with the quest active in their log. That’s the main complaint I saw, not that it was 3 days, but that they lost progress.
I can understand both sides of the decision, I just think the weekly conversion is going to give people less incentive to play until the end of the weekly cycle to push through it. Having a semi-regular thing to do was nice for a bit though.

2 Likes

We will see how the tuning goes! 1200 rep would be nice. But I thought it was 3.5 days bi weekly. 3 days would round up to 1200 rep if done successfully for 7/3 rep gains. The worldboss also starts next week so that can be a decent chunk of %. I was hoping mobs would give % or at least the elites in the north but I am not sure if coding that would be more difficult.

I liked how in korthia you could kill rares in the maw to fill in gaps. So I thought it would be nice if certain mobs or mawsworn did that and not really heavily on catching a rare. Especially since the elite ones are hard to solo in the north when people arent in the zone.

The new stuff unlocked with cyphers may help or not. Who knows if the campaign unlocks more dailies/world quests like in korthia.

2 Likes

All 10 of you?

i know you are just a troll but there is more than 10 people just in my guild that just do world content

2 Likes

This is the the real issue I had with it, the fact it would just remove itself from your log and you have to start over. If it had just carried over no harm. Some people don’t log on everyday, and some people prefer to do other things outside ZM. If the quest has a 3 day time limit, it’s kind of pushing people to log in everyday, and go to ZM when they do.

Some people say it can be done in an hour, sure for you, my friend and I were on for 1.5 hours and only got about 65ish percent, the rares that were spawning were so spread out half the time, we would just miss them.

3 Likes