Patterns within patterns reset already?

I thought this quest was supposed to reset every three days. It’s only been two. Why was it telling me time was about to run out just now? Did they change it to two at some late stage? The patch started mid week which means not a lot of people have time to sink right away. I only got the quest an hour before reset. Try as I might (84% - not bad for an hour I reckon) I just couldn’t get it done in time.

This really doesn’t make for a good first experience with the new content as I found myself just going hell for leather, rushing to get it done. Rather than actually reading the quests, taking in the zone. It’s really disappointing. And now to top it all off I guess I’m a round behind with that quest!

4 Likes

Agreed, I just lost 80% on my alt too, i assumed it would roll over like the other weeklys we have been doing so I didnt rush and explored, etc. and then noticed the timer on it this morning when i had no more quests and ran out of time…

1 Like

They should just double the rep it gives and make it weekly.

Who was asking to have to run dailies even more frequently?

2 Likes

If this bi weekly or 3 days quest will remain, % of progress should be change, because i don’t see a good way to rush this like 8.3 Nzoth assaults, that combined rares and events on the map.

So wowhead had an article about it. It is apparently still a three day reset, but for some reason it started with just two days left. Why?? There’s no explanation. Just that it does.

1 Like

“On this first reset, this short 3-day timer has even more significance - Patch 9.2 started with the timer already 1 day in, which means the first reset of Patterns Within Patterns] will occur at the next daily reset (February 24th) for both NA and EU regions . So, if you haven’t done this quest yet, it’s a good idea to get it done before the next reset!”

Oh it reset already? That sucks, I had it at like 85% last night, I could have pushed a bit more and done it.

Just great. I lost my 80% then. I wish that could get credited back.

1 Like

While I think it’s asinine that you basically have to go to wowhead to find this information it was out there. There should be a timer like we have for wqs and callings for quests that have a time limit on the tracking from the get go.

1 Like

It actually did have that. That’s why I noticed. I was like, “Hang on, I just got this quest!” I had heard about it being a three day timer a few days prior to the patch, so my expectation was that there would be another day.

The three day reset is weird. Why’d they change it from a mid week reset?

I managed to do it in all of an hour this morning 0% to 100%. It really doesn’t take much to even do it, just doing your normal dailies with a few treasures thrown in.

Knowing how to do the quest wasn’t the problem.

Oooof…logged off at 91% last nite.

1 Like

I suspect this is a result of the “I want to play at MY pace and spam through it in two days, blizzard!” crowd.

Caught it just in time to turn in for my hunter. My paladin was sitting at 56%. Doing the quest was never the issue. it was the fact that this patch has not even been playable for more than 36ish hours, and the quest already reset. No need to stress out about doing the effort quest all at one time, if blizzard could tell time…

The new one shows 3 days. Why wasn’t this afforded before?

3 Likes

Now the servers are back up I can confirm it has indeed reset fully and not carried over like the korthia one did. So whatever you got up to is now gone. This is a very unimpressive start, blizz.

3 Likes

And why doesn’t progress roll over like unfinished 1000 anaima quests.

It’s great that you can do it multiple times a week but not so great that if you want to do it all you have to complete it in a session in most cases. And it’s glacially slow progress compared to others like this.

2 Likes

Yeah it should just be a true weekly and not a bi-weekly. That’s my only problem with it. It’s easy enough to complete but it feels like you gotta hurry and get it done.