Patrician Cromwell Torghast

I’ve been able to solo Torghast through layer 8 on my warlock ilvl 193. There have been a lot of close calls but the difficulty was always manageable if I played it correctly. Until I ran into this boss, how did this manage to get put into the game?

Patrician Cromwell is ABSOLUTELY over-tuned and impossible to do (especially when he’s the boss in the corridor that increases dmg done by a flat 30% by layer 6). Literally an hour and a half wasted with no lives lost until the boss. Solid anima powers and every buff/consumable under the sun. Interrupted as many casts as I could, tried to LoS casts, tried to use the smoke bombs, and I’m even playing a class that can have a pet tank for it, it did literally nothing. Not to mention after 10 stacks of the buff you can no longer interrupt anyway. Maybe I’m missing something here, and please speak up if I am I’d love to down this guy, but this boss is an incredible oversight by the dev team.

8 Likes

Don’t know why it auto selected my shaman as my character

1 Like

He’s absolutely impossible to solo on layer 8. Even spending 3k on consumables and doing a full clear with 197 ilvl there is simply no chance.

2 Likes

Cromwell is very tough to solo. I encountered him twice in the first week of Torghast, on levels 2 and 3, and died to him a few times on level 2 (I had stronger powers when I faced him on level 3), and those were my only Torghast deaths until this week.

It’s important to interrupt his Mass Slow (last time around I believe this cast had a different name… some sort of disease?). Since I was using VW to tank, I did my best to Mortal Coil or Shadowfury his non-bolt casts.

Doing this solo on higher levels is probably near impossible for us warlocks, without some set of crazy lucky/op anima powers.

1 Like

I believe he should have been nerfed but I just ran into him and he had 451k health on layer 8. I was able to take him out as UH DK but barely. It’s all anima powers. I had to kite, interrupt, death grip, and asphyxiate at specific times. Definitely try to interrupt the mass slow so you aren’t caught in the glass shards. My death gate would summon one of the four horseman but he didn’t last long. Lichborne would shoot death coils or it would heal me and that was really useful. I had 70k+ health. I also picked up the Anti-Magic Barrier talent while in there. I’m not confident that I could survive that again without some serious anima powers. One thing that might help is to pick up those smoke bombs from the vendors. They are really helpful.

Yeah this post is now void as they nerfed the hell out of Torghast, its now Snoreghast if anything

Untrue. Just sailed through Twisting Corridors last night, this guy wiped the floor with me on the 18th. Hour and a half plus of my life I won’t get back.

*edit to add: This doesn’t feel good, Blizz. That much time put into something, starts easy, then difficulty ramps up x100. Not fun, no incentive to do it again. There is no challenge, it’s just frustrating.

5 Likes

Yeah this fight is ridiculous Layer 8 Floor 18, as prot pally and a frost dk with me we don’t have enough interrupts to silence all his dark bolt volley’s. The longer the fight goes the faster he starts casting to where it’s a near instant cast, instant kill ability.

Creeping sins on the floor deal 400-500K damage and reduce your movements to where you have to kite him but you have to stay in melee range (unless you have Avenger’s Shield up) without missing an interrupt to Dark Bolt Volley or you die instantly. DK tried death gripping him around the arena but he fills up the area with creeping sins muck so fast it’s just turbo-retarded.

Also, don’t get Coldheart Plume as pally because there seems to be a limit to how much damage you can prevent with Avenging Wrath up. We got the boss down to like 50% health until my coldheart plume killed me for about 300K damage with Avenging Wrath still having about 30 seconds of time until expiration. Had to use bubble and right-click AW off so the damage didn’t kill me later.

Seriously the only boss they gives us any trouble.

Must be nice being a paladin then

my floor 18 boss… breezed everything. Got my best anima powers I could as a lock. Had like 15k phantasma thanks to some abilities I grabbed along the way. Bought everything… used smoke potions… one shotted. Bought the 2 extra lives too. Impossible to beat solo.

4 Likes

He is one of the hardest. I got him on my layer 8 run and was able to beat him because spam Frostbolt build OP as heck. Only had to interrupt volley.

2.5 hours in Twisting Corridors layer 1, floor 18
ilvl 185 Boomkin
ilvl 185 Beast Master Hunter (79 anima powers)

No problems on clearing until floor 17 final elite, which we could line of sight his Volley (very similar to Patrician’s). We’ve cleared up to 7/8 on every other Torghast wing without any issues.

This dude was literally impossible. Why can’t we line of sight his volley?!? Everything after 3 stacks one-shot us!

INFURIATING.

Thanks for the waste of a Sunday afternoon.

EDIT: WAIT WE DIDN’T EVEN COMPLETE THE QUEST!?! WTF?!

4 Likes

if you cant beat a boss on layer one , something is wrong , either you’re picking the wrong anima powers, your gear is trash or your friends gear is trash.

1 Like

This is still a problem. Got this guy on floor 18 of level 2, Twisting Corridors. Almost had him a couple of times, but it didn’t happen in the end.
I have no intention of wasting my time on TC again unless this guy gets nerfed a bit. I realize that he’s random, but I’m not going to risk getting him again.

1 Like

why should they nerf a boss for an area that’s supposed to be a challenge nothing more. You dont have to do it. Come back when you have more power, better research of your class/spec and better general knowledge of the fight itself when it comes to which anima powers are best in torghast for Paladin.

Easiest Boss ever. I was in my Guardian Tank. I have the Resto Affinity Talent chosen so I can hit Rejuvenation then Swiftmend. I wild charged did 3 damages hit an interrupt, 3 more damages hit an interrupt, 3 more damages hit an interrupt them went into cat and dashed away downstairs far away. Healed myself he chased. Did more damage/interrupts and dashed away back upstairs. You have to damage get far away, damage get far away, over and over til you wittle his life down he can’t self heal. Don’t kite this guy around, don’t stay in his face. Get far from him, make him come to you.
Varnier of Velen ilvl 206
Got him on level 8

If I can solo this guy on my 190 hunter, then it doesn’t need a nerf. He was a challenge, and took me a couple of tries on my alt, but I still finished it.

Try it twisting corridors, level 8 floor 18. Impossible, absolutely impossible for a warlock. Way, way overtuned.

Layer 6, floor 18, 3 hours later instant death. I like a challenge but there is nothing challenging to with being 1 shotted. It’s stupid. You can’t even practice because 5 deaths and your done. I find twisting corridors no fun at all. Bosses like this sure don’t make you want to come back. Wait there is no rewards for doing twisting corridors. Yeah I am done with that place.

1 Like