Patch on Tuesday?

I’m very suspicious of an 8h maintenance for an untested event, but also looking forward to the shenanigans it wreaks on realms as most players are kicking off their keys and raids.

1 Like

Seems likely to be the new patch, but what’s crazy about this timing is that we have the hearthstone anniversary event starting Monday then immediately one day into the event an all-day maint.

2 Likes

Oh that would be fire :fire:

I actually work Tuesday too so I won’t be rolling around in agony in front of my computer for 10 hours that day.

Yay work!

1 Like

Do you have to play Hearthstone during the event to get rewards or is this a crossover event ?

There’s a mount reward for logging into hearthstone and a little mini-event at cities around WoW that sounds a bit like the Diablo promo event from the scraps of info out there.

(I was actually expecting a Blue post today hyping it up)

4 Likes
2 Likes

Have there been any 8 hour maintenance that havent been at least patches?

2 Likes

Since when have tuning hotfixes every taken 8 hours of maintenance?

:pray: :dracthyr_nod:

2 Likes

Yes there have. It’s possible it’s the patch. But it’s also possible that it’s not. Don’t get your hopes up too much.

1 Like

Blizzard won’t preload the event right? They have to know it’ll be datamined and that would ruin whatever surprise they are hiding right?

2 Likes

I think that it sometimes happens when they roll out infrastructure upgrades?

Not sure, I don’t 100% trust my memory these days to not start hallucinating things … wait a sec … I really hope I’m not just an AI.

3 Likes

Nobody knows. They’re talking about class tuning on Tuesday in another thread. Class tuning doesn’t usually happen as part of a patch. It happens between patches. If it were part of the patch they would wait and issue patch notes.

It’s that class tuning thread that has me thinking it’s NOT for the patch. It’s still possible but I consider it unlikely.

1 Like

maybe MS doesn’t see patch day as sacred so class tunings and patches happen on the same day?

It’s a surprise!

2 Likes

MS doesn’t have anything to do with the operation of WOW. The WOW team has not changed at all. The only thing they’ve done (outside of HR changes) is appointing a new president of Blizzard after Mike left. WOW is the only thing Blizzard has that’s successful right now, so they are leaving it completely alone.

So the new pres has zero authority to tell WoW devs to post it all on the same day?

That’s not the president’s job. You really don’t seem to understand how big companies work. The president is not going to micromanage, or probably even be aware of all of the details of the running of WOW. The game director (Ion in this case) probably reports to her, but she doesn’t need to know every single detail of what they’re doing. Heck, he might not even report directly to the president. Depends on how the divisions are set up.

1 Like

Looks like it might be happening any way boss man.

So no matter how you or I feel about it, class tunings and a patch look like they happening tomorrow tuesday.

Yah they’re usually called DDoS attacks :dracthyr_crylaugh: