Patch 8.2.5

So there’s a new patch on the horizon… while we’re waiting for the dataminers to decypher it, Can a Blue or a developer verify whether or not we get These items for cosmetic gear?

They were datamined as far back as march of 2018, and I was looking forward to getting a high res model of the First Mates’ Hat as a cosmetic item for my appearance collection.

I’ve posted about it during the development of 8.2, and with regular frequency and ferevor.

1 Like

I don’t think that has ever happened. So I wouldn’t count on it.

Your best bet is to wait for the proper PTR.

1 Like

Never trust dataminers. Theyre just there to lead you on so they can get your hopes up and watch the joy drain from your face as those hopes are crushed once it turns out to not be true. They feed off it. Just wait.

1 Like

That isn’t really fair.

Dataminers are there to mine the data and find the things.

Whether or not the things will be made available to players is Blizzard’s business.

Dataminers are nefarious outlaws that oughta be brought to justice for their crimes. Fair is fair.

Wowhead is sanctioned by Blizzard. They have permission to datamine. You can even log in to Wowhead through your Battle.net account.

They’ve done nothing wrong.

Sylvanas slaughtered a whole tree full of purple lanky looking upright orangutans with the support and sanction of the Horde, but it didnt make it right. Sometimes morality transcends law or approval. These dataminers need to be brought to justice along with blizzard as a warning to everyone else that would try it.

1 Like

Important: dataminers don’t decrypt the encrypted version of patches. At a point in their development cycle, Blizzard stops encrypting them. (A few things, like items related to secret-finding, remain encrypted indefinitely.)

Blizzard could put a stop to datamining if they really felt like it; it would only be a small amount of extra effort. But why? It’s free publicity, and far more efficient than their own marketing at building genuine hype. It also lets them see in a relatively unbiased way what parts of the patch are interesting to people in leaks, so they know where to focus in the future.

To be fair, that’s a low bar lol

I think those are the items Horde get as a temporary disguise during the Tiragarde outpost questline.

Of course, that doesn’t mean they couldn’t later add some means to get them permanently or semi-permanently. The chest of pirate clothes working exactly the way it does during the quest (where you can keep clicking on it to get different pieces) would make a good toy, IMO.

1 Like

Yes, they are! also, the Irontide Hat is given to you as a ‘Disguise’ when your alliance guy is infiltrating Freehold.

I would have ideally liked to have looted one of these while I was in Freehold, the Dungeon AND the zone, or pick one up from a Ticket Vendor, like Chester, at the Darkmoon faire. (also something something Island Expeditions, Dubloon Vendor, etc.)

Asking to a Blue response is the best way to make sure you don’t get one. They aren’t going to comment on datamined rumors anyway.