Patch 8.1 and Cross-Faction Roleplay

:point_up: Don’t forget that bumping threads is against the code of conduct. Try to think of some question or comment to add to discuss about to keep the thread going. :smile:

Honestly… As much as I would like to have a personal response like that from Blizzard regarding this subject, I feel like this is a niche topic that not a lot of people who play the game would understand, so I feel like it’d be better approached here on the forum or something rather than in their Q&A video.

2 Likes

Just adding a bump of support to this. Seems a prime case of corporate myopia on Blizzard’s part, as the add-on simply reframed the existing Communities feature into a format useful to roleplayers. Thank you for all your work on this, and I hope this decision gets reversed.

2 Likes

I attended ToA this year for the first time, and used CrossRP. The feeling I felt seeing WoW players of both factions talking, bickering, flirting, and generally having a good time was the best feeling WoW has given me in a long time. I really hope this gets fixed.

5 Likes

Blizzard stop being the fun police and fix it.

1 Like

If that’s true, being able to understand the other faction in rp pvp campaigns are only helped by this.

Leaders can talk to each other
Prisoners can be talked,investigated, or if both parties willing,tortured.
The execuse" talking only softens your urge to kill " is faaaar from true on rp servers.

6 Likes

Our friends across the pond, in the EU, are making memes to cope with the loss. I’m wheezing but also inspired tbh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKwkMHTlMIU

18 Likes

I resent having only one upvote to give this.

3 Likes

Laughter is such good medicine for disappointment.

5 Likes

holy :poop: that was amazing

a part of me hopes morem emes are made so that is spreads across the internet some more, though that leads to the chance it’d be used in a poor way…

Regardless, give us CRP back.

1 Like

Freaking awesome.

I haven’t had much of an opportunity to use this addon, but I’d love to at some point. This addon truly is groundbreaking and one of the best ones out there. Hopefully this was a mistake, but if this was intentionally blocked, then this is a very foolish decision. Blizzard, please reconsider.

Good to see this is still being talked about! That meme was great, also xD I got a nice few chuckles out of it.

just to keep this bumped up but give more evidence of the possible usefulness.

there’s some guilds that rp neutral,thus having 2 guilds 1 for each faction. this addon would be a god send for them because it allows the guilds to communicate better.

there’s also this monthly ,former, hordeonly tournament but recently alliance was coming to it, this addon would/did so so much for that tournament and brought it back to life due to the fact ,currently alliance does outnumber horde so it reinvigorated the tournament, and i’m sad it was only a one off time for easiness.

1 Like

I absolutely adored this add-on. It had, and still has alot of potential. The feature to see everyone’s TRP3 profile despite being apart of the differing factions alone was amazing. I like the idea of communicating between factions. whether for peace, neutral parties like the earthen ring and Cenerion Circle, or battle/war rp, it made things interesting. I really hope that blizzard does reply at some point, fix communities to work with add-ons again, or atleast do something unique with RP servers. Its definitely 100 times better than rping as ‘pretend enemy faction’.

7 Likes

Really hoping that we can get some sort of resolution. Cross RP was so important to the community and it’s really awful to currently be without it!

Hoping we’ll get it back, but can’t be sure with Blizzard these days anymore. They’ll most likely find a way to say it was against the ToS to drop it even though the addon was given the okay.

I used cross rp heavily for my guild arc on Moon guard, though I have a lot of hordies that are in a neutral aligned guild on both factions :frowning: i know that the add on was given the Okay for the work the originator that created it. Can we please allow our role play back?

One last bump before I go to bed. :bed::dragon_face:

Let’s remember, this Addon helped get many people together. We had TOA and it was amazing. I can’t log on due to the update, but the Addon was keeping me playing the game. Now? Reasons to return are slim (even if I ever get a new computer, but that’s out of my price range atm).

1 Like

I would like to mention and continue to point out. BLizzard commented on the Tournament Of Ages I believe this year(?) saying how happy they were the rp servers (MG and a bit of WRA) made and consistenly held the event nearly year after year, and Crossrp was used this year, it was even in the forumpost about the plans for the event, so they knew it existed backthen and again, did nothing, no warning, nada.

so again it’s odd in hand you’re blueposting, supporting the community for being…well a community. but then do something that hinders that community.

1 Like