Patch 10.0.7 Initial Thoughts

Now that Patch 10.0.7 is live in all regions, how’s it going for you?

Please use this thread to let us know how you’ve felt about the first couple of days of this patch. What are your likes and dislikes with the new content and updates?

Thank you!

13 Likes

PvP ladder is plagued by ret paladins doing 350k + in single button presses. pls help

482 Likes

The quests have been really good, Forbidden reach is cool and Zskera vaults is pretty neat.

The ring, however, is an unmitigated disaster imo. I understand wanting a cool, powerful thing, but I really think at this point in a patch it should have just been a fine thing for alts to boost item level or something. The repeated buffs and nerfs to force it in to being bis felt bad enough. Losing a TON of secondaries feels awful. It removes power from class/spec stuff and moves it in to procs. Major, major whiff in an otherwise pretty cool patch. Not sure how this one made it through PTR with everyone complaining about some interactions, the loss of secondaries, the tons of twitter posts speaking pretty negatively of it.

I really think in the future if something like this is going to be done especially this late in a patch, leave it as a somewhat powerful but not incredible alt boost instead of trying to cram through enough stuff to make it an auto-equip. Really soured the entire experience in Zskera knowing I was just there hoping i got good stones and enough stuff to upgrade them OR hoping i roll good ones out of the vendor instead of it being a fun, flavorful little puzzle solving experience that i truthfully would have enjoyed even if the rewards were just toys or pets. I know the farming went quickly, but I really cannot understate how bad it felt to just watch constant tuning get rammed through so it was a clear bis for my characters.

TL;DR - Basically everything else has been great, but man that ring was a mood killer. Please don’t do this again.

38 Likes

The most part of enchants still not work for level 10-50 characters.

Max item lvl when you can use enchants on alt characters (twinks) - 60, it’s mean that beginning from level 10-20, when you start receive 61+ item level gear, 95% enchants for you - locked, you can add gain only on two rings, neck and weapons, because only for this slots some enchants still working.

6 Likes

so far it all looks good :slight_smile:

I was quite happy to see an old zone like zul’gurub get some attention
the one “downside” was that many in the collecting community got quite excited thinking we might be getting a way to access old world Zul’gurub via a zidormi type situation, I personally would have been quite excited to play through some of the old zul’gurub quests that have not been available since the cataclysm, and I know reputation collectors would have been excited at the possibility of earning Zandalar rep,

On the other hand though, I really like the hidden process for unlocking the new zul’gurub stuff, wouldnt mind seeing that type of thing return in the future :slight_smile:

As for other content, I have not touched the dragonflight content much yet to be honest, but Im looking forward to playing through the new heritage questlines when they reach the top of my to-quest list :slight_smile:

3 Likes

For me, it’s not terrible, I guess! However, the rare spawns on the Forbidden Reach are a pain in the rear to find (the ones tucked deep into cave systems, not the 1 or 2 that are out in the open). I’ve spend 10-15 minutes trying to find an entrance somewhere and it’s frustrating at times. Not to mention the rare tucked at the end of a long cave full of elites.

13 Likes

Hoping for something to be done in PvP for Ret Paladins.

Demo was nerfed within hours of the patch dropping, but Ret Paladins have not been touched and are way more oppressive. Shuffle lobbies having 2 Rets, I’ve seen screenshots of 3 in one match. Please tell us we’re not going to have to sit until Tuesday to see something done in PvP.

239 Likes

Initial thoughts, so far a lot of the content seems really interesting. PvE seems to be in an okay place, PvP however is a nightmare right now. I will preface this with saying that I am not a high end PvPer, that being said I have been playing quite a bit of arenas lately and have heard PLENTY of opinions from higher end PvP players (Arenas and RBGs).

With the new Paladin changes it makes the PvP bracket borderline unplayable. Majority of games have a paladin on the team and regardless of the skill level of the player, they just win. It essentially puts a pause on the entire PvP bracket, anyone looking to push for R1 or even push for glad, just aren’t able to (if you aren’t a paladin or a ranged class that has a decent understanding of pvp already). I don’t think anyone will sit here and try to deny that paladins NEEDED a rework but these changes just aren’t it. It completely removes all skill and coordination needed in PvP, Paladins are just able to walk in and actually solo a player within seconds of Wings being popped. Players that have been consistently getting R1 and play PvP as their main source of content aren’t even able to continue playing without:

A. Playing a paladin
OR
B. Playing with a paladin

The dampener it puts on the PvP season is pretty substantial, the amount of Paladins that have climbed the bracket in the last few hours is insane - and MAJORITY of the people climbing aren’t doing so based on skill or coordination, it’s purely based on the broken class/spec.

Even briefly looking at content posts from PvP players, it’s all Retribution Paladins. This might possibly be the most agreed upon and mutual hatred change in PvP that’s happened in AWHILE. Something needs to be done, even if it’s just an initial nerf to Paladin in PvP while the remainder of changes are figured out from the class re-work.

https://twitter.com/ElliottVenczel/status/1639030243959930880

https://prnt.sc/mMNmlVn0fjgW

http://www.twitch.tv/vanguardstv/clip/OriginalBadGarageBuddhaBar-RTwECw5KRyvjLzn8?filter=clips&range=7d&sort=time

https://twitter.com/snupytv/status/1638627617443045378?s=20

180 Likes

I personally have been enjoying the new patch although my bags are hurting from all of these gems

3 Likes

As a ret paladin main who mostly PvP’s it’s been great! I’m no fool though and am very aware the spec is desperately in need of PvP nerfs. I made a post yesterday in the community council forum detailing some changes that I think could help bring it in line without killing the spec. I went pretty heavy handed so I’d like to see less drastic changes to start and then continue adjusting as needed.

5 Likes

As I was writing this I saw Kaivax posted this: Class Tuning Incoming -- March 28
I’m happy with these changes but would like to see fading light be left alone until after damage tuning as it scales higher with our damage.

2 Likes

I love the encounter designs of the rare elites on the islands. They are incredibly engaging and imaginative. I had the pleasure of taking them on in the PTR where there was not such a population as to have them drop quite as quickly as they do on live.
I think this experience is actually lost a bit on live servers. I would recommend some of these return in a future iteration of the Brawler’s Club. You could even add drops to past encounters to collect challenge cards which would encourage players to go back to old zones and get a preview of the fight.

1 Like

I’ve found the patch very enjoyable on a variety of fronts. The abundance of Elemental Overflow coupled with the Untapped Forbidden Knowledge provide an excellent catch-up system that builds on previously available items and currencies, and despite the troubled launch of the Onyx Annulet it’s still fundamentally a good concept that requires proper tinkering. That part I’ll confess I can’t adequately say what the right choice would be, between secondary stats or continuously buffing the gems, so I’ll not comment on that, but having an item that you can build up right now for a smoother 10.1 experience is a fun concept regardless.

If it’s meant to stay competitive with future gear, then I enjoy the implication that it will keep the Forbidden Reach relevant in 10.1, thus making it so there are two zones that allow progression at once. Dragon riding makes it so exploration isn’t a hassle as it was with Korthia, a content update with seemingly similar design intentions that 10.0.7 honestly accomplishes much better in terms of game experience, even without a new raid. The great vistas of the Reach compared to Korthia also helps, as the latter was infamously bleak with washed browns and greys everywhere.

Narratively speaking, I’m glad Emberthal’s story is continued and that it ties into 10.1, as it makes the transition more natural. It also expands on Dracthyr lore, and seeing the race’s lore still get attention after its introduction (which is good!) does admittedly make me a little envious, as allied races (and core races ofc!) would benefit from the same even after BfA has ended. Maybe something for the future?

1 Like

The prevalence of Z axis in the new zone is interesting but makes finding the rares a challenge. The catch up / BoA gear is great to see in a late patch cycle and should be considered for every patch.

The elephant in the room is the complete disaster of The Ring. Having a scrapping mechanic for the stones and then proceeding with the massive buff/nerf hotfixes feels terrible. The tuning of the stones is a completely preventable disaster. It’s also just confusing for players and highlights the requirement of third party sims or warcraftlogs to figure out what’s going on.

3 Likes

My initial thoughts were good. Up until I got to the first vault quest, which only provides you with 6 keys. You go in, open up all the doors because Why wouldn’t you, to find either quests that require you to open even more doors up (without telling you what to exactly do to actually gather the keys beyond “Oh we lost them out in the world”) And being left with the initial quests that you couldnt finish because once again you have to open more doors. Then you get out of the vault for your first time, to be handed another quest to state “Hey, open more doors”.

Let’s not even talk about how do you even get up to the higher doors? Or when you finally do find something that randomly teleports you around… How do I get back down without taking so much fall damage you might actually die? *And the fact that said random teleport overrides the ability to utilize the other ability to be able to jump from platform to platform.

Also, why do all of the rare spawns start at 12k HP and hit like trucks? This practically precludes the ability of a person to be able to solo them, as they 're all now mini-world bosses instead. Practically telling everyone you better do them now while they’re relevant, because when they’re not you won’t be able to solo them.

3 Likes

I’ve been enjoying the new content a great deal for the most part, although I echo the concerns about both the ring (which just isn’t great for my class and spec) and ret paladins absolutely destroying everyone in pvp.

I am a HUGE fan of the way that the pet quests were implemented, because I’ve always wanted to be able to get the big bois and having a method to do that is fantastic. Also, it’s a little, silly thing but I really do like that we’ve got a bunch of pets with names right now. Yes, we can always rename our pets, but I don’t know. I just think that part is neat.

Really looking forward to 10.1! As others have said, I really appreciate the way the narrative is developing more naturally in mini-patches and in word items, although I will echo that seeing that for more races is always great. After completing the Human heritage armor quest (which I really loved), I think adding that depth is just a good investment of time across the board.

I have not had much chance to explore enough to really reply to this as I was moving irl so I logged on today and continued with the Forbidden Reach quests… it seems good so far.

I’ve always had a struggle with my ret paladin’s dps since TBC so with the rework, I am glad to have seen my dps improve a bit but since I haven’t done much since the recent patch day, it’s hard to comment on it too much.

However, Please do not nerf ret paladin’s dps in general too much, is all I ask!
(I understand for PVP even though I avoid it like a plague)

Sadly, sometime it seems they don’t understand how to differentiate between the two in the regards to nerfs. While a thing will be beyond awesome for a class in PvE, It’ll be a trainwreck in PvP and thusly the class will suffer because of the minority of players who partake in PvP (and the fact that they’re forcing PvP to become some kind of ESports… which will drive even more changes that’ll bleed over into PvE and stay because why not.)

I wish they could actually differentiate between the two and let our classes become the awesome things they’re supposed to be in PvE, and become something not the class within PvP due to the amount that they have to try (and fail) at balance. Especially considering the last time I dared go into PvP this expansion, god forbid you come across a healer. It’ll take the entire group to down a healer now a days because they simply cannot nerf healers anymore due to the aforementioned bleed over effect.

1 Like

Forbidden reach feels really good.
I really want to highlight the timing of this patch, and subsequent patches- and congratulate the devs on the pacing.
.7 came at a really good time in the major patch cycle in terms of my guild and friends were starting to loose momentum. It’s provided some fun changes and content that should hopefully keep them entertained until the next major patch.
Looking forward to this new approach to pacing :slight_smile:

1 Like

There’s alot to do, and that is a refreshing change. Lots of nice catchup for alts. There could be a bit less bag clutter, but thats a minor inconvenience.

Loving how the story is coming along, and I can’t wait to see how it turns out!

1 Like