Passive on Pets bugged? Help?

I’ve been doing Affli Mage Tower and on the stage to soak up the runes I’ve been sending my Felhunter. I’ve had it on passive for the obvious reasons the second the fight starts. So when I move my pet to the rune, I’ll see him headed there. And I assume everything is fine.
Then I see him attacking a mob when he should be on the rune.
Again, he’s passive as soon as the fight starts and stays that way. Is it bugged? Am I doing something wrong?

You don’t need to put him on passive, he will move where you tell him regardless

I ask this in honest, but, do you have an macro with /petattack maybe? or maybe some keybind that might be leading you to click cntrl +1 by mistake?

Nope. I don’t use macros to be completely honest. Unless it’s text macros.

Happening to me too. Doesnt matter if its passive or assist, sometimes he refuses to move. I actually watched him this last time so I could see wtf was going on. I think it’s the purple pools that karam summons. Those will either stop my pet completely or make me have to spam the ‘move’ command for him to actually go there.

tldr; pet throwing

I have the observer glyph not sure if that matters

My husband brought up that it’s possible when you use his interrupt he switches to attack mode. So if there’s a rune and hands going at the same time get runes first? Then get hands interrupted at the last second. I’m going to try. But that seems like a hell of a risk?

Interrupt is an ability, so yes when you use it, it will force your pet back into assist.

1 Like

I think your issue is the same issue I have been dealing with (or, at least, what it seems like I am dealing with). There is a max range on where you can command your pet to go. It will not move to a location outside that range but it will not tell you that the command was not accepted.
I have failed the twins many times now because I command my demon to a rune and he simply doesn’t move there. This only happens to me when I am fairly far away and not running toward the rune.