"pass parade"

I like to use this term from Is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon anime.
The best meaning of this would be running past someone making that person take aggro so you can get away. Now my question as I’ve had this happen to me a few times someone walks over me with mobs they are trying to run away from that i haven’t attacked nor tagged and i get put into combat. Does running over someone with a mob actually put you in combat or am i just nuts because i keep getting people saying no it doesn’t yet i still cant stealth untill they are done fighting. Any thoughts?

Are we talking about having mobs trained on you?

An interesting aspect of the game is that while you are initiating combat with one mob and someone else is in combat with a different mob, the two mobs in combat can (and often do) create their own interaction.

The centaurs in Thousand Needles are famous for this. One person can be a significant distance away in combat with a centaur, and then you start fighting a different centaur and the centaurs will sometimes heal each other from afar. You think you’re almost done with combat, and your target is magically healed because of a fight someone else started.

They definitely will aggro you, if you see someone running with 4 mobs behind him… run away.

They could be intentionally trying to swamp you, but my experience has been that they get too many adds and then try and run away and not die. If I am near, the mobs will break off him and then swing around at me.

It’s called training, and it’s a dick move.

2 Likes

So I’m not crazy then. I keep having the same person do it over and over again then tell me I’m just stupid and I’m attacking.

No, not crazy =)

1 Like

It’s a d*ck move and does occur. I’ve accidentally trained people wildly running away but it sounds like this was done to you on purpose, if it was done repeatedly. You’re not crazy.

1 Like

Definitely a jag move if on purpose. I try to avoid it at all costs, but sometimes it’s unavoidable.

Like when I try to run, but there’s another toon behind a rock/tree right near my path, whom I didn’t know was there.

This one was lvl 40 pulling a ton then would bubble to lose aggro.

1 Like

Sounds like someone was taking their plate armor and rank 3 consecration out for a spin trying to AoE grind and learning their limitations… probably not training you on purpose, just panicking and being insensitive.

I had this happen in Northern Barrens. Whoever was doing it had a pile of skeletons at the entrance of the cave from all the players they were griefing.

I was fighting a single mob and then someone came running in with a literal horde which all jumped me at the same time without warning and I had a solid 6-7 min run back to my corpse.

Fortunately, I’m rolling a rogue … so it only happened once.

I’m playing rogue too but i forgot to buy more vanishing power >.<

1 Like