Party Sync - Quest on Hold

Tried the Party Sync feature today. My character is level 120, my friend is level 54.

She was questing in the Hinterlands, a level 30 - 60 zone. My level was brought down to level 60 to match her own but… all her quests for the zone are locked now. Each one says Quest on Hold. It can’t progress or complete while she is in a group with party sync players.

What is the point of party sync if we cant do quests? Is there something missing we should be doing to make it work?

I haven’t tried it yet. But I’m wondering if it’s on hold because it’s waiting for you to complete the prerequisite quests to catch up to her? Perhaps once you’ve made it to the same quests she is on it will turn back on? Otherwise I don’t know.

1 Like

There is another button to click (I think) that should allow you to do her quests even if already done. If I’m remembering right it is in the party sync plane at the bottom. My wife helped out one of my characters for the heck of it, once we clicked that button she could do the same quests as I even though she had already completed them.

Looks like you can’t help someone with quests they are already on. You have to re-start the quests together. Disappointing.

2 Likes