Party phasing problem

Unable to see party (multiple parties tried) to complete WANTED: GORGEBEAK (oops, on 52 druid). Tried party sync.

Please tell me someone didnt come up with this idea in Blizzard and people, instead of booing and throwing things at them, supported this inane change.

2 Likes

This is still happening even after server reset.
Same realm and guild as well as quest progress in party but different phases.

How is this NOT fixed?

3 Likes

Linking another for reference, green post saying Blizzard is aware of the issue. Grouping for questing - #5 by Sarwen-area-52

Can’t even use LFG to group for a group quest boss…

I assume this is the same issue, but I use the LFG tool to find a group and am not phased to them. I’m aware that I need to be in a sanctuary, so I’m standing in Hero’s Rest, but it doesn’t phase me. I tried a few different groups, it never works.

1 Like

Until they fix this… what exactly qualifies as a “sanctuary” other than Oribos? Phased yet again on logging in… tried going to rested area in Bastion… no luck.

Can confirm this is still an issue, making doing World quest an absolute nightmare.

1 Like

PSA: Turns out this is actually not a bug and is a change in phasing.

Change to Phasing in Shadowlands, from Wowhead

OOF, thats kinda disgusting, makes group finder on the fly more or less pointless

1 Like

This very well better be a bug. What kind of MMORPG would restrict non-instanced grouping among friends to few, select zones? That would defeat both the MMO and the RPG aspects of WoW.

2 Likes

This is painful enough, for apparently a sufficient number of people, it needs to be tweaked… intentional or not.

1 Like

The covenant order halls also count but since that’s only in endgame the quests that recommend more than one are going to be a pain in the fundament.

1 Like

If it is intentional, as the presence of a tooltip indicates, they need to give us a separate “Sanctuary City” hearthstone with no CD. The simple act of grouping up with a friend should not be its own side quest every time.

6 Likes

Edit: I just read somebody’s post on the general forums about this…

I don’t know where he got his sources from but let’s hope he’s right.

Ask and you shall receive lol :slight_smile:

Seems that the new phasing feature garnished enough attention to be reverted!

Official Blue Post

6 Likes

YESSSSSSSS!!! Good news!!! TYVM!

2 Likes

I feel it was their “solution” to ruin gaming forming and reforming multiple wPvP raids in place to exploit sharding. But it’s also true that past changes suggest they would prefer people to solo all content while questing.

Hi folks. I found warmode was a big issue for my husband and I. he had it off and I had it on. I told him to turn his on and suddenly we could see each other. Make sure your war modes are synced or for the lives of you, you wont be able to see each other

1 Like