Paragon rep not account-wide?

So I had a bunch of rep tokens on a character, and since all the reps (DF) are now account wide, they were showing at max, and the rep tokens went towards paragon rep…all great so far. However, the paragon rep is NOT account wide, and you can only collect it on the character you added it with?
In other words, my pally used the tokens and is showing 4 paragon rewards…but when I switch to my shaman (who happens to be where the renown keeper is), no paragon rewards.
How does that make sense?

1 Like

It makes sense that your 30 alts don’t get automatic paragon rewards when one crosses the finish line. I’d hate flipping through my characters to collect, it would be a chore, not a fun thing.

I think it makes perfect sense. If there is a specific character you want to collect the Paragon Rewards on, have that character add the tokens to the rep? Or is it a different issue?

So, in other words, even though all of them are at max rep level, and gain rep towards paragon together, I still have to mail rep tokens to one specific character to be able to claim a generic reward? Sorry if that makes sense to you…it doesn’t sound “account wide” to me.

2 Likes

I noticed this yesterday when burning my rep tokens. I assume it’s a bug and I reported it, because it doesn’t make sense. If the whole warband shares the rep up to Exalted, they should share the Paragon portion as well. And whatever one wanders over to get the reward gets it.

1 Like

Legion reps aren’t part of war bands yet. Bro do you even read

1 Like

Legion reps aren’t part of war bands yet. Bro do you even read

DF reps have Paragon levels.

2 Likes

Imgur

But it is.

This is most likely to stop duplication issues that can occur in the games and prevent people from getting multiple rewards off one paragon. The rewards are warbound so it all seems proper in the long run.

Once it is available, you can probably just toss the tokens into the warbank and pick them up with your character at the reputation vendor.

1 Like

The pack may well be, but collecting it is not, so what’s the point of being forced to do it on a specific character?

It isn’t? So my alt, who before this patch was Renown 23 with Maruuk Centuar and is now Renown 25 with 7073/7500 will not be able to contribute to the Brimming Maruuk Centuar Supply Satchel and then collect it?

I’ve not tried, I’ve only collected on my main - 2 supply satchels so far this patch.

Sort of. Currently, the paragon levels on my alts are not level. In other words, it appears that all characters in the warband at max level gain paragon rep separately, not account-wide.

So while I’m renown 25 on all my alts, if I look at the Paragon rep, they are different. Using a token on one character popped the reward, but it wasn’t available to collect on another character as her paragon was lower. I expected to be able to pick up the reward on the character that happened to be in Iskaar, but there was no reward for her…I had to log back into an alt and fly her down there to collect the reward. I do not know if using a token added 500 rep to every characters’ paragon rep, or only the one character using it.

I’m looking through my alts, oddly, compared to you, they all have the exact same amount of Paragon Rep. Hovering over the little Paragon loot bag and in the main Dragon isles Summary. I even went to the Keeper of Renown for Valdrakken Accord, same results.

I’m going to go ahead and complete a few WQ on an alt that was NOT max Renown before the Patch, Maruut Centaur is the closest to finish up, I’ll post my results.

Edit:

I just logged over to an alt, and all toons were at 7148/7500. This alt I hardly play at all, they did a WQ that rewarded 150X2 and 2 stages of a Hunt to get to 7513/7500, went to the Keeper of Renown, they had a yellow “?”, I accepted and turned it in and got the Satchel.

So I don’t know what is going on with your Renown specifically but for me, it is definitely Warbound, from collecting the Renown to collecting the Paragon Satchel.

Edit:

Also curious if you have seen this post:

And visited the respective Renown Keepers to see if it does populate the correct Renown? Not a perfect solution to what could be a glitch/bug for you but if it is that, you would know.

Thank you, I had not. I had however gone to the renown keeper, and the paragon quest was not there, and my display was showing 7000ish compared to the 200ish on the other (the tokens having taken her over the top). I will look further though to see if it is just display

1 Like

Update:

Just did the Weekly Last Hurrah on an alt on my second account (same Bnet), who has never set foot in Zaralek Caverns and also did the Weekly Loamm Niffen quest, that bumped my Warbound Paragon Rep to 7501/7500 with them and I was able to grab the Paragon Quest and Brimming Satchel on that alt.

I’m trying not to think about it too much because the rewards are very rng (only thing I care about is that 15k purse) but I got very random paragon pops over the week, glad I didn’t save a ton of insignias for warbands.

When the pre-patch dropped all your characters were set to the same rep as the highest toon you had, INCLUDING whatever progress they had into the paragon reward. Once that was done each toon progresses on thier own towards the Paragon. Same process if you weren’t maxed, they were set to the max progress from all your toonsn and it looks like if you go from say 19 to 20 on one they all get set to 20. That’s what I’ve seen. And it’s only for DF reps, the others haven’t been affected yet. :hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil::see_no_evil:

I fully understand this, and it is and has been working as intended for me. Did you read the OP?

The paragon rewards for DF were a bit of a mockery compared to the past. And that was so we’d not grind and bless them for it.

I noticed you have to claim the paragon box on the toon that got the final rep. Make sure you keep an eye on that or you’ll lose track of who did it lol