Paragon chest pets AGAIN

Hi guys,

So just a heads up, Blizz acknowledged what a massive failure mounts from paragon chests were in legion and agreed to not do them again in BFA. However recently it has come to light that for 8.1 they have decided to whack some pets in paragon chests for BFA instead.
Are they actually for real? I still don’t have most of the paragon mounts from legion and had to buy the orphaned felbat. The same thing that enraged mount collectors is still going to be there enraging pet collectors!!! It is just that pet collectors are a minority it seems so they don’t care.

I’ve said it before and I will say it again, I am coming pretty close to just throwing in the towel with WOW. I am sick of having “fun” that isn’t fun rammed down my throat. Legion pet collecting was the start of some pretty shocking RNG for pet collectors as well as almost unobtainable grinds with the BFA PVP pets.

Then there are these pet charms and double gating pets that are rep pets behind charms.

I have less and less incentive to log in every day.

Look at IEs for example, I have done hundred and hundreds of these things, I have to beg and grovel to get my PUG groups to do portals/rares and it still takes around 100 IEs to see 1 pet show up IF I am lucky. (and no I don’t want to form my own groups or with friends because not enough people seem to care for pets).

4 Likes

Personally, I am looking forward to the paragon chests. They will give me something to work towards with world quests. Right now, these quests are just dead content without much benefit. And yes, I am still working on some mounts from Legion but I don’t mind it much.

Now make me grind gear in raids or battlegrounds and it will suck.

1 Like

If the drop rate of the upcoming 8.1 paragon cache pets are anything like the Orphaned Felbat (dropped from the Armies of Legionfall cache), I’m not too concerned. I think the drop rate for that specific pet was relatively high.

Will it be a grind? Yep. But hopefully the drop rate is fair enough that we won’t be doing it all expansion and beyond BFA.

If the drop rate is more like the mounts from Legion paragon caches…time to throw everything out the window. Those did not feel fun at all. Many collectors are STILL going back to do Legion content for a chance at those mounts.

2 Likes

3 Legion caches had pets. Felbat seemed higher drop rate to me than the other 2, while the wisdomball and the Valsharah thistleleaf thingy less so. I never saw the thistleleaf thing and still don’t have one. I just hope these new pets are as common as the felbat and not as scarce/non-existant as those other 2.

1 Like

Only 1 Paragon cache had a pet.

The other 2 came from Emissary Caches, which is entirely different. Those don’t require Exalted, so you could literally just cycle through every max level toon every time the Emissary was up and try for it.

Paragon requires reaching 10,000 additional rep after Exalted.

On top of that, all 4 of these Paragon Pets are on faction exclusive reps. Which is just horrible.

It’d be one thing if they had made it TWO Paragon Pets, and stuck them on Tortollan Seekers and Champions of Azeroth, since those are shared between factions. But no. They made them on the faction-exclusive reps.

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to paragon chests.

Sure can’t wait to grind out content i have already grown past for extremely rare rewards because having new and engaging content is too much effort.

Oh man i just can’t wait for the fifteenth time i get to do the same stormsong world quest for a pittance of reputation.

7 Likes

I’d like to think two pets came from the paragon chests in Legion. The fel bat, but also the quest that leads to the Wondrous Wisdomball. Granted its not a battle pet. I am still grinding for every time the Kirin Tor Emissary comes up.

Well this is probably why I ain’t got one of the pets, the two types of boxes have blended into one in my mind and I stopped bothering with the emissaries a long time ago. Guess I gotta go back.

yeah, this. i leveled all classes in legion just for the class mounts and class specific pets (and more shots at paragon caches) and hated it. hopefully the pets are tradeable (would be a great jab from
bliz if not).

1 Like

Which chests in legion, and which in BFA do pets drop from? Paragon, not the others.

Legion -

• Normal Emissary chest drop: Thistleleaf Adventurer (Dreamweaver)
  • Paragon cache drop: Orphaned Felbat (Armies of Legionfall)

BFA Paragon cache drops -

• Albatross Hatchling (Proudmoore Admiralty)
  • Cobalt Raven (Order of Embers)
  • Crimson Bat Pup (Talanji’s Expedition)
  • Violet Abyssal Eel (Storm’s Wake)
1 Like

I have less of a problem with this than I do with the merciless RNG. I don’t mind doing things that might take a long time, as long as I’m assured of getting them eventually.

Although even my patience has limits in that regard. I will never see the 400 honor level pets, for instance.

But I don’t mind doing the grind for pet charms, as I can see the light at the end of the tunnel where I will be able to afford them. But I will never see Bucketshell or Sir Snips.

The pet dungeon is nice this time around, because the pets are purchased with a currency. None of this RNG to worry about.

Yep, I prefer short or middle length grinds with a certain end point. Seven weeks to get all the pet dungeon stuff? Sure, sign me up. Paragon pets being completely random? Ugh. I was running 8 or 9 toons at exalted rep in legion to get all the paragon mounts and mailing all rep tokens to my human toon, and since we can’t do that this expansion and the rep for missions is way less, I’m pretty unhappy with paragon pets. One popped up on my servers AH for 1 million gold. I laughed.

3 Likes

At least they changed it where you dont have to kill specific things for drops anymore.

And I think they increased the drop rates on them too. I got 3 of them in the last week compared to 1 over 2 months it was before.