Pandaria Portals gone

Time gated portals :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Likely because this is exactly what they did with WotLK Dalaran and what they will do with Legion Dalaran.

I’m honestly surprised the Pandaria portals didn’t get nuked sooner.

1 Like

Would’ve made more sense to change it when they introduced the portal hub though.

7 Likes

No this is patrick…

Also, we have to yell at Blizzard b/c things.

The “enraged” bit comes mostly from the fact that there was ZERO warning and ZERO info in patch notes.

Apparently it takes a ton of development time and resources to type a few words in.

9 Likes

True, but you and I both know this thread (or something similar to it) would be here anyway if they had. So, really, what’s the trade off for Blizzard delaying the change? They don’t have one.

1 Like

I like the part where you think they have to tell you every little thing they do.

3 Likes

They mean the portal hubs in the shrine of seven stars and shrine of two moons are missing portals.

To normal people this make no sense but to those people in California making these decisions it makes sense .

If that makes any sense

6 Likes

Portal to Vale of Eternal Blossoms? That takes you to the Shrine of Two Moons correct? The portal I am staring at now in Dalaran, still there.

1 Like

Taking it out before the new hub was put it leaves people in a state of limbo with no options left to them.

Legions Dal is not practical since it is loaded with so much lag, you can get timed out and kicked from the game just trying to load in. That takes that city as a main hub for players, off the table completely. (I am one of those players. It once took over 5 mins to load into that city)

The org portal room better be one room with every portal with in it. Not like current Org where there portals to things are just all over the city with no liner placement except for the Cata portals.

MoP portals worked best because you can set your hearth upstairs and zone it RIGHT next to the portal room. So hearthing to MoP gained me the ability to quickly access all MoP Content, All major Faction cities, and quick access to Outworld and Northrend. The only thing it didn’t give me was WoD and Legion. Both of which have their own hearth stones so one does not NEED a portal to get to them. I don’t own BfA, so I don’t need to get there so I don’t need that option in Vale anyway.

6 Likes

I get zero lag in that place.

You have no information when 8.1.5 is going to drop. Just stop.

2 Likes

Yes, however that would have required forethought which I don’t think was removed from Blizz for budgetary reasons.

:cookie:

6 Likes

Sorry, you have to be exalted with Emperor Shaohao to use the portal. Better start grinding.

2 Likes

IF thats the case then why not just leave them where they were and do it all at once?
I’ll believe theyre adding anything for my convenience when I actually see it with my own eyes.

You’re giving me a headache lol. The portal hub in pandaria for both factions has less portals now.

With a slightly older computer, I get loads. I get timed out and kicked from the game at times because of it. No other city causes this issue except Legions Dal.

If you want to buy me a new computer, then be my guest. Not everyone is made of money and would still at least like to have options there for us, to help us stay playing that doesn’t murder our computers at the same time. It hurts no one at all to keep the portals in Vale. Its a great QoL thing to keep it for people with slightly older specs, and hurts no one who has a better running computer.

3 Likes

How old? My wifes computer is like 7 years old and it has no issues.

Actually, I do.

Look back at Legion and when its patches went live. Patch 7.1 launched on October 25th, 2016 and it introduced the Nighthold raid into the game (meaning you could look at the raid journal and such) but the actual raid didn’t open up until January 16th, 6 days after patch 7.1.5 went live, and it was that patch which released the insurrection quest chain which covered story events leading up to the completion of the raid.

Now, Blizzard ‘generally speaking’ tends to follow similar patterns, so 8.1 has launched today. The Battle of Dazar’alor raid is available in the game (just as the Nighthold raid was in 7.1) but players won’t be able to run it until the 22nd of January 2019.

My guess is that 8.1.5 will drop before then, I would say a week earlier, so January 15th.

Additionally, we know that the Kul Tiran and Zandalari allied races are being added to the game in Patch 8.1.5 and we know that completing the Battle for Dazar’alor raid is required to unlock them. So Patch 8.1.5 will release before Dazar’alor goes live.