Pandaren Mid-Autumn Festival (cross-faction RP event)

Om Nom Noodles is hosting our 2nd annual Pandaren Mid-Autumn Festival (an IRL Chinese festival). This is a public, cross-faction event in which all races are welcome.

The festival celebrates harvest, family and friendships, and hopes for the future.

WHAT: Pandaren Mid-Autumn Festival
WHEN: Saturday, September 14th, at 8p realm time
WHERE: meet at Halfhill, Valley of Four Winds (WM off)
The main event will happen down the road in the Heartland.

EVENTS:

1. Lanterns lit and sent skyward…you can buy one in Timeless Isle for 7,500 timeless coins (https://www.wowhead.com/item=104332/sky-lantern)
  2. Pandaren Tea Ceremony
  3. Traditional Snacks and Festival Foods… including mooncakes
  4. Play… a traditional tale of the Pandaren moon spirit/goddess, Chang’e
  5. Harvest Contests/Games:
    a) Cooking Contest… (‘Chopped’ style. Participants are given 3 secret ingredients they must use to prepare a dish within 25 minutes…5 to plan, 20 to emote cooking for judges…and the judges will determine winner based on cooking emote details and final dish descriptions.)
    b) Archery Contest… to honor the story of Zao Sunseeker, who shot the Suns out of the sky
  6. Fireworks

Requirements :

1. Elixir of Tongues… please bring at least 3 per person
  2. Warmode Off
  3. Lantern Pet (for aesthetics, we recommend the Sky Lantern mentioned above, bought on Timeless Isle. But any lantern pet will work.)
  4. Festival Clothes (such as Festival Dresses/Suits from Lunar New Year holiday. Not required, per se, but it fits the event style!)

This is a neutral, public event to which everyone is welcome. Hope to see you there. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

:astonished: Oooh. Fun.

1 Like

Hordies, too? cool. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Sounds like fun!

1 Like

Dang it! Going out of town that weekend! I’ll let my guild know though and hopefully some will come!

1 Like

This an fun event with a lot to offer! :balloon:

2 Likes

I’d like to make it to this! :smiley:

1 Like

Two weeks away!
:izakaya_lantern: :full_moon: :kimono: :ramen: :tea: :dango: :moon_cake:

Bump for exposure.

This looks fun.

1 Like

Yesss… went to the last festival and this looks heaps fun! I put it on a calendar and will bring a friend.

1 Like

Ack! I’m running a Splatoon 2 Mini-Splatfest during that time!

This sounds awesome, I’m so excited for it!

2 Likes

Hopefully I can make it on someone!

1 Like

We’re getting super excited for this!

As a reminder to anyone who wants to participate in a contest (‘Chopped’-style cooking contest, archery, etc.) there are no pre-sign-ups. Just show up ready to participate (or spectate and cheer on your friends)! :wink:

One week away. Excited!!

1 Like

I plan on attending this! Premited something doesnt happen in real life. Looks like a lot of fun!

1 Like

THIS SATURDAY !!!

Reminder to make sure you have access to a Lantern Pet as lantern lighting is very important to this festival.

We most highly recommend the Sky Lantern pet (buy one in Timeless Isle for 7,500 timeless coins…players over 90 can grind for these coins in about 30 minutes).

(https://www.wowhead.com/item=104332/sky-lantern )

It’s almost here!!

Saturday is the day! :slight_smile:

1 Like

TOMORROW!

:izakaya_lantern: :full_moon: :kimono: :ramen: :meat_on_bone: :tea: :dango::moon_cake:

If anyone needs Red Festival Dresses / Red Festival Suits, I can provide for FREE!
I’ll be running around the area for about an hour before the event OFFICIALLY starts with a spotlight and the Alliance flag toy up, so just poke/boop me and I’ll stop for you!

I can also provide regular Tuxedos if you need them for future events!

1 Like