Pandaren Heritage thoughts

Well they said all races would get hertiage armor…its more a matter when. What do you think Pandaren hertiage should look like? Something simple like Chen’s set/starter set. Or more glamours like the Mogu designs?
Additionally do you think the alliance and horde will have different sets?

One concept:
https://i.imgur.com/uygSu7S.jpg

Then there is Chen’s different sets from warforged:

6 Likes

wow that is great!

4 Likes

Honestly I think simple is best with Pandaren. I once made a post thinking that Tushui and Huojin should probably get different heritages representing their ideologies. Like, scholarly robes for Tushui and more Brawler oriented stuff for Huojin.

10 Likes

I think we should get to find out after all the vanilla races have theirs first

1 Like

That one’s really cool.

To answer OP’s question, I think personally something in the middle is best, something that reflects both the simple and more ornate side to the Pandaren. You have to remember that a large part of the pandaren cultural condition is acceptance of the good and the bad about their land and heritage. They’re not one to shun or dismiss the less savory parts of their history such as their mogu overlords; they simply accept it for what it is.

Also, Pandaria is a land of endless riches; they might be a simple people, but they seem to greatly care about both producing incredible structures, works of art, clothing, etc as well as preserving all that came before, passing it down to future generations.

I think MOP gear is a great point of inspiration; it’s not overwhelming like items from Legion, WoD or TBC and looks simple and elegant from afar and up close, it feels rich and intricate.

1 Like

Only different colors. Blizzard probably gets tired of everyone screaming about how someone else got something that is better than theirs because “horde bias”.

Pandaren Heritage armor will just look like a monk set

I just want something tight uwu

The Mogu have the uniform for them!

Im on the side of more glamour. A set with an actual shoulder model, not like the invisible mistdancer set.

Also, less monk more pandaria/oriental design. Never thought about different sets based on faction, that’s a really neat idea

whatcha think of this?

https://i.imgur.com/uygSu7S.jpg

1 Like

As long as we get a keg instead of a cloak, I’m pretty happy :panda_face:

1 Like

The Sha of anxiety is strong on you. You must free yourself from this burden.

1 Like

Friend, I’m basically the Sha of Anxiety :pensive: :pensive: :scream: :scream:

1 Like

To wear the heritage armor of the panderan, you must purify yourself, become one with the land, you must become enlightened.

1 Like

I think they should have mech outfits with turbo lasers.

If you want a monk(ninja?) type character, might as well not wear any armor(or as light as possible, cloths). It’s the same reason they don’t use weapons.

Personally I’m not fond of panda monk, because martial arts practitioners don’t tend to have panda’s body type. The film ‘Kongfu Panda’ use this as contrast, the hero that no one expeted. He’s also special, being the only panda in the film.

No matter how high of a level his Kongfu reaches, his actions would always look awkward/comical because of his body type(He’s a bear afterall). Due to the same reason, spell casters’ wearing also wouldn’t feel right.

No/Light armor ain’t good, that leaves us medium/heavy armor. I would suggest scale/lamellar armor, to lessen the stretching effect over the stomach. The Jurchen people have some extremely heavy horsemen called ‘Iron Pagoda’, so if you want an intimidating look there’s that.

They were not the Han Chinese, but the Mongols considered them Northern Chinese, and apparently that’s also how people view it in the west (Age of Empires, etc.). The Han chinese has one special type of armor called ‘moutain pattern’(Chinese Star), but it’s not clear whether it’s real or not, or if it’s real how it works.

I think the Pandas already have large frame, big shoulders would look stupid on them. And you know the Goden Company? from the last episode of GOT. Their armor have slight differences among them(different scale pattern), it looks good when they stand in formation.

Still waiting on the Forsaken’s set. :frowning:

Why would Alliance get a Dragon and not a duck or sheep? (or horse snicker snicker)

I would be stunned if they didn’t go the ornate route for theirs. The whole vibe for pandaria is ornate. They should absolutely have different sets for alliance and horde as well.

That is gorgeous. Give us that, blizz!

1 Like