Paladins, both Retribution and Protection

It’s not like they’d be tanking raid bosses with Seal of Fury in 1.12 anyway since they suffer a whole array of other issues still as well.

So they went from not being able to tank a whole lot, to at least being good at dungeons and a few specific circumstances in raids.

and you’re calling that a nerf just because their threat in single target, something they were never good at, isn’t as good as it used to be.

2 Likes

then name those “issues”,

i see only 2 real issues there :
-threat
-survivability

mana dependence is not an issue if you have enough threat generation, you can manage it;
poor gear and talent design is also not an issues by itself, but it leads to poor survivability,
having no taunt is a hard hit for many encounters, but it is not a death sentence

they went from being able to tank many real things in 40 ppl raid content to being able to make 60lvl dead mines run a little faster;

i call it a nerf because it made prot paladins much less viable in raids overall;
you were mistaken on paladin’s bad threat generation before 1.9;
while having less survivability, less defensive cd and no taunt,
paladins were not bad at single target threat, in some scenarios they could overthreat a warrior,
there are multiple evidences of using prot paladins on MC/BWL progression runs for boss tanking, and they were used on reason

:+1: I had a paladin for a while and (when I had the coinage to do so) switched between ret and prot, depending on what the run needed and what the other guildies were bringing to the fight. I primarily used ret while questing. I don’t recall one instance of going ret in a dungeon run or raid; I was used quite a few times as the off-tank, and supplemented heals to assist the designated healers in the run.

You hit the nail on the head with that “learn how to use your FULL toolkit.” (Emphasis is mine)

1 Like

I was going to read the post but my eyes are now permanently crossed from the extreme eye roll that occured after I read the title

the new Spelladin meta will change the playstyle and mindset of both the Paladins themselves and the overall playerbase

1 Like

Holy won’t be doing this…

1 Like

“soon” tm :slight_smile:

1 Like

Got a link to the spelladin talent build? Didn’t see the talents in that video.

come join us all here

https://discord.gg/7ces3kZ

and you can play with itemization and dps spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1avNLAbTb7bgsI_pYHK6xz9g8LBCLZvn94c_FfqF8pnc/edit?usp=sharing

1 Like

me thinks they should have come up with a better name than “Spelladin”

hahaha it wasn’t my naming choice lol

but I passed it on to the guy who did :stuck_out_tongue:

Prot paladin with proper itemization is built for farming cauldron fields in WPL

1 Like

Paladin can be a god if done right but most fail at it.

Most fail when they forget what class they are playing.

Ppl ask for buffs on Paladin should play a warrior. Thats what most will be gearing as.

They forget Paladin uses sp damage as well hp at the sametime. Some op just said a Paladin with thunderfury. Haha,

A true Paladin will need two gold sink professions and 3 types of weapons to swap. Hint one is a boe. If you don’t know why then it’s whatever.

2 Likes

I love your shoes and your face for this response.

1 Like

Essence of the Pure Flame
Binds when picked up
Unique

Trinket

Item level 75
Requires Level 60

Equip: [When struck in combat inflicts 13 Fire damage to the attacker.]

//////

Skullflame Shield
Binds when equipped

Off Hand Shield

2256 Armor
40 Block
+10 Fire Resistance
+10 Shadow Resistance
Durability 120 / 120
Item level 59
Requires Level 54

Equip: [When struck in combat has a 3% chance of stealing 35 life from target enemy.]
Equip: [When struck in combat has a 1% chance of dealing 75 to 126 Fire damage to all targets around you.]

//////

Naglering
Binds when picked up
Unique

Finger

50 Armor
+10 Stamina
Requires Level 54

Equip: [When struck in combat inflicts 3 Arcane damage to the attacker.]
Equip: [Increased Defense +5.]

//////

Ret aura + a Druid buddy for thorns

3 Likes

DING DING DING

here is me back on Feenix - keep in mind Force Reactive Disk’s proc scaled with spell dmg there which may or may not be nerfed on Classic

but you get the idea :slight_smile:

notice that i don’t even have Consecration either lol

2 Likes

Force reactive disc is still BiS regardless of its scaling i believe. I just didn’t include it because of the durability damage it invokes and having to carry 2 on you a lot of the time. Love the video and the gear you are wearing… did you ever try the fields out in WPL?

prot paladins :rofl:, I leave those groups instantly.

Yea prot pallies are not very good at tanking dungeons and raids, but they are fantastic AoE farmers lmao

yep which is why you also have Drillborer Disk in your backpack when FRD breaks lol

I have aoe farmed the cauldron areas in WPL yes, but never filmed it - Stockades was easy to aoe farm and film for lulz

1 Like