Paladin threat bugged

I’ve experienced this issue several times, now, and it’s extremely frustrating. I just stepped out of a BRD run to post, because I find it absurd that Blizzard is allowing such a bug to continue, a bug that renders an entire spec ineffectual. Granted, it’s a rare occurrence, but something with such deleterious impact on gameplay should be addressed.

I would note that this has only occurred, at least for me, in instances. Though, I do spend most of my play time tanking instances, not battling in the world at large. And, I’d speculate that it is likely a bug tied to Righetous Fury and how the occassional bugged instance ID is treating it.

During this last instance, I was top DPS and Damage Done. However, I had a 56 warrior and a 59 warrior, both with salvation, pulling mobs off me. I could pull two groups, aoe them down to 20% health with consecrate/tab targeting (Seal of Righteousness), and one tick of blizzard from a 60 mage pulled most of the mobs. In fact, there were times when the healer was pulling aggro.

[Repost on my actual classic character. Obviously, I don’t post often.]

I’ve experienced this issue several times, now, and it’s extremely frustrating. I just stepped out of a BRD run to post, because I find it absurd that Blizzard is allowing such a bug to continue, a bug that renders an entire spec ineffectual. Granted, it’s a rare occurrence, but something with such deleterious impact on gameplay should be addressed.

I would note that this has only occurred, at least for me, in instances. Though, I do spend most of my play time tanking instances, not battling in the world at large. And, I’d speculate that it is likely a bug tied to Righetous Fury and how the occassional bugged instance ID is treating it.

During this last instance, I was top DPS and Damage Done. However, I had a 56 warrior and a 59 warrior, both with salvation, pulling mobs off me. I could pull two groups, aoe them down to 20% health with consecrate/tab targeting (Seal of Righteousness), and one tick of blizzard from a 60 mage pulled most of the mobs. In fact, there were times when the healer was pulling aggro.

Update: We swapped tanks,. so I could write the above post. Our warrior MT stepped in to finish the run, and he too seemed to experience difficulties with threat. As such, the bug may revolve around how certain IDs calculate threat.

I think another guy said several posts back that righteous fury is being overwritten by a hidden buff. Given how hidden aura buffs work, it wouldn’t surprise me. I wouldn’t know what hidden buff it’d be being overwritten by though.

I mean have you just considered that paladin threat is simply straight up garbage and you lost threat to a low level just generating more threat. Can you please prove your claims for a bug report and not just claim you should be doing something.

Smooky, it does almost seem like Righteous Fury isn’t active, when this happens. However, I’d assume that if this were the case it would happen consistently, particularly when my gear, buffs, and the group members haven’t changed. Instead, it seems to be a rare freak occurrence. For instance, another time that this occurred I had been powerleveling a fire mage, doing mass pulls in the beginning of BRD. Throughout three or four runs, I had no issue holding threat on 10-15 mobs, even while he was rolling 1k+ aoe crits. Then, on our last reset of the night, I couldn’t hold anything. Nothing had changed, except the instance ID.

hmm fixed yet??

Late reply almost too late, there used to be a bug with Salvation not being correctly overwritten by paladin blessing. If it occurs again try buffing yourself with Salvation then manually clicking it off then buffing another blessing.