Paladin or monk

Paladin is a lot easier and has much more utility than monk. And the devs seem to care about paladins while they barely remember that monks exist. Monk is infinitely cooler though.

1 Like

If you like super dynamic tanking with a lot of mobility, Monk. If you like the more traditional tank role, Pally by FAR.

I love my monk and find him a lot more interesting than my Pally and Warrior tanks. The only one I find equally as fun is the druid.

BUT, its really all about you. How do you like to play? Do you care about lore? What theme do you prefer? It’s all about the world and character you want to create.

I would play Druid but don’t like the fact you can’t see the transmog. Aside from the lfg and lfr stuff I like to do I also like to transmog hunt in old content

2 Likes

Hard to choose.

Paladin:

1. Great talent trees (lots of good/recent revamps)
  2. Mining allows you to gather materials for use in crafting orders (others can craft your gear for you), even if Engineering is your primary profession.
  3. Ret - Extremely fun melee DPS. “Nerfed” to the ground since its initial rework, but still relatively powerful and fun.
  4. Prot - It’d be challenging to find another tank with as much utility as Prot Paladins. They’re also the best soloers in the game if you enjoy solo content.

Monk:

1. Transmogged 1-handed weapons always equip on their back. It’s unique to this class.
  2. Lots of fun mobility options, regardless of spec.
  3. The class talent tree needs a good rework before it feels good to engage with.
  4. Windwalker monks are fun, but incredibly weak outside of scenarios where they can use Touch of Death cleave. Too much of its damage is balanced into an incredibly situational ability.
  5. Brewmaster monks are really fun, though you’ll need to learn how to macro stuff together or buy an MMO gaming mouse to keep up with the number of keybinds required to play.
1 Like

Monk with “Jojo’s Bizarre adventure SFX for Monk” addon is billion times better than paladins.

1 Like