Paladin, ok... it's been long enough!

Logically this makes sense to me.

1 Like

Gnome paladins?
I mean… Then again… We have vulpera dks, why do I even care :joy:

Paladin should be like warrior and offered for every race…unless the light is…racist.

Whereas I’ve heard the tales of Hawkens’ Mud-N-Spud, I can’t bring myself to be an alliance druid. The available races are just… too cliché to me.

I assume the reason many races don’t have paladins has nothing really to do with lore and more to do with art needing to create new, unique, mounts.

Druids are in an even worse position due to the time it’d take to give vulpera, pandaren or whatever new forms.

i still serve horde, i just got a no-pants, no-shoes and no fights rule.

Lol vulpera, pandaren and worgen druids could just stay themselves but run faster… Or get feathers. I want that. It’d be hilarious to me.

^^ I’d be fine with this. I’m definitely a ‘fun is more important than lore’ kind of player. Race/Class locks feel very… early 80s dungeons and dragons.

Transformer mechagnome “druids” would be fun

2 Likes

there’s fun in a good story.

not finding it here yet, but i’ll let you know when i find one!

Fixed that for ya.

1 Like

I think Pandas should def get Druids. The August Celestials are wild gods. It’s like… Blizzard set it up then changed their mind at the last minute.

I could see vulpera getting Druids too. The rumor is there’s was a fox-shaped wild god involved in the War of Ancients or something along that lines. My memory is a bit fuzzy.

I don’t understand why can’t HM Tauren have access to Paladins? They do worship An’she. They can learn how to be a Paladin from their kin, Taurens.

C’mon blizz, don’t be stupid. Out of all races, HM Taurens have less classes. No, I don’t count that muscular light-infused goats.

<.<

3 Likes

You. I like you.

1 Like

Generally? Sure. I think one of the good things wow does is make its own world feel unique. I like, for example, that it’s orcs and elves are recognizable as part of the setting rather than generic examples of Tolkien clones.

But that shouldn’t really invalidate player fun and choice.

Example. I want to play a, oh, let’s say a Pandaren Paladin. Is it in lore? No. Pandaren don’t worship the light/whatever the Tauren or Troll versions draw their powers from.

But I DO have a level 60 Tauren Paladin. She’s friendly. I’m sure she can meet a young Pandaren, teach them a few tricks and set them on the right path. Suddenly I can’t see any reason why my Pandaren can’t be this class.

You could definitely make certain race/class combos harder to unlock. Heck… I actually think that would be fun and healthy for the game. Make us jump through hoops, get achievements, etc. So you wouldn’t see lots running around.

But making it possible? I think that’s healthy for player engagement.

Forsaken Paladins.

Semper Fi! :us:

you say this, but stuff like forsaken paladins or void elf paladins come to mind… Than that’s where things kinda go to far.

1 Like

Don’t you mean Final Verdict?

1 Like

Rather than opening up all classes to all races at the character create screen, I think this itch would be well-scratched by adding a non-class “class” called trainee or something and allowing trainees to level with a questline to become classes their races can’t normally be, providing onscreen gameplay-backed lore for any class combo (e.g. your panda went and trained under a paladin of the holy light).

This also inclines the majority toward combos that are more “normal” in lore since trainee combos can’t be race-changed to or boosted, keeping them relatively uncommon and ensuring their players really really want to play that combo.

1 Like

For druids (and demon hunters) this holds water, but paladins are a drop in the bucket. Like, say they wanted orc paladins and gave them a holy wolf. That would definitely re-use the rigging and animations of an existing wolf, and probably reuse most if not all of the model work (with maybe a few extra items built into the saddle, say) and only require a new skin.

9.0 included over 80 mounts (including reskins) and 9.1 is slated to include another 50. Providing paladin mounts for more races would be a minor part of their workload - not quite free, but also not strenuous.

1 Like