Paladin Mounts

So it’s been bothering me a bit lately after having messed with other races as paladin but the human and BE mounts are still stuck back in the old texture appearances while other races have very clean and nice looking mounts.

I wonder if anyone feels the same?

That said I also would not want them replaced either. They are the originals and all. So after a bit of thinking I had what I think would be a fun idea, of course this is just a fun idea not that I’d imagine Blizzard actually doing this…
It’d be awesome to see revamped/newer models of the human and blood elf mounts, even if just new textures, but hidden behind a quest line depending on your faction. And having said quest line be either based on or some form of continuation on the original Paladin mount quest lines from Vanilla/TBC.
I feel it’d be really interesting to go through something like that to get newer versions of them, also have both colors viable for both factions though too.

(p.s. Yes we got an all around paladin mount in Legion but that mount never really filled the gap in general. Meanwhile the newer races all seem to have very well-done mounts while these two which still look good feel very dated now)

What if not only we kept but also they gave all the old human and bf mounts to all other paladins and that way there would be no inbalance if they make a new one for us.

I fully agree. I think those two feel very standard for the paladin appearance.

I am in the minority here, but I actually think the old models should be replaced with new ones… >.>

I’m not a big fan of the “4 polygon tail mounts” and think things like that make the game feel very outdated, and its quite silly to see an “updated” armor model/character model on such an old mount.

Personally, I’d like to see a few things changed:

Human:

• Warhorse - Human Level 20 Mount Updated
  • Charger - Human Level 40 Mount Updated

Blood Elf:

• Thalassian Warhorse - Blood Elf Level 20 mount Removed
  • Thalassian Warstrider - Blood Elf Level 20 mount Added

• Thalassian Charger - Blood Elf Level 40 Mount Updated

Argent Crusade:

• Argent Crusade Mount Updated.
  • Argent Charger Mount Updated.

New Faction Mounts:

• Alliance - Highlord’s Silver Hand Charger
  • Horde - Highlord’s Crimson Guard Charger

New Race Mounts:

• Night Elf - Crescent Moonsaber
  • Kul’Tiran - Inquisitors’ Riverbeast

Pictures for reference. :smiley:

Imgur

2 Likes

I understand your view. I just feel like due to their being original and history it would be upsetting to lose them to replacement overall. Maybe just make them mounts for overall paladin and add the newer models etc.

I just feel that, as you said, “not a big fan of the “4 polygon tail mounts” and think things like that make the game feel very outdated, and its quite silly to see an “updated” armor model/character model on such an old mount.” is about right.
And yeah it would likely be better to just get a new redone mount model overall rather than reskinning but keeping it to the current mounts’ overall design.

Also, well put comment by the way. I like how you used the tools to divide everything properly.

I actually am with you when it comes to your thoughts on the current state of Paladin mounts and the changes/updates that they could use. And honestly I really like your ideas as well. I think they would work perfectly if Blizzard were to actually make some changes.

Personally, I really like the thalassian warhorse and charger. They used to be two of only a few horses the horde had access to. I’ve never been a big fan of hawk striders. It’d suck if they straight-up replaced the horses with them.