Paladin Crusading Strikes

Not subbed, can’t ask in the class forum.

What does it do? It says “Crusader Strike replaces your auto-attacks.” but what exactly does that mean? My big beef with ret is the cd on Crusader Strike and standing there auto attacking so is that gone?

It means crusader strike would no longer be on your bar if you took the talent. When your weapon swings, it would cast crusader strike in place of white damage instead of you pressing the button to cast it.

1 Like

Sounds like this doesn’t solve my issue. So I go from standing around auto-attacking waiting for Crusader Strike to come off cd, so I have something to push, to not even doing that?

Someone in the Euro forums says it makes Ret play like Fury/DH but I dunno, you’re always doing something as those.

Sounds like ret plays a lot different than holy, I’d sure like it if my auto attacks were crusader strikes. You sure you’re not thinking Crusade and not Crusader Strinke?
According to this, rotation doesn’t seem that simple. Been a while since I spec’d ret, maybe I’m reading it wrong.
~https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/retribution-paladin-pve-dps-rotation-cooldowns-abilities

OP is referring to a talent in the upcoming ret rework in 10.0.7, it’s not in the live game yet. But yes, once the patch comes, ret playstyle will change drastically. They’re touching on everything from defensives to mobility to the spec’s bursty dps nature. Redesigning to put less focus on your wings window and spreading it out with a more sustained damage focus.

I’d suggest taking a look at the PTR patch notes even if you play holy though, the base class talent tree is getting a rework as a part of it so it will effect your spec as well. :slight_smile:

2 Likes