Paladin Class Prestige Ideas?

Hey folks! I’m working on a fan project concept (not an actual private server) that takes us back to EK/Kalimdor 250 years in the future. Essentially, there’s a ton of risen structures by the First Ones. It’ll have a lot of Meditteranean/Greco-Roman inspired ideas. As a Warrior main, I’m not really too sure about the lore surrounding other classes and class fantasies, so I’d like your guys’ input.

The thought I had thus far was that the ancient society that worshipped the First Ones in this project would have ardent defenders who enforced law and order across Ancient Azeroth prior to its discovery by the Titans. I don’t want to do some weird, gimmicky void paladin thing. I’m thinking of having a different form of light magic, however that is less based in holy sanctity and righteousness. That’s all I’ve got so far, though.

Any thoughts of what might make a good prestige class while retaining the general fantasy of Paladins?

To give you an idea, here’s my concept for the Warrior’s prestige:

Warrior → Gladiator

The brutalities of war were not of any fear to the fierceless Gladiators of Azotha. Originally hired as slaves to the Prime Augurate, a championship would be held in the Arena of Xaxys (pronounced Zak-zees) once a year. The slaves who survived the nauseating brutalities of this arena would be chosen for an elite group of warriors. The art of this elite lineage, now known as the art of the Gladiator, would play a major role in obliterating all Azothan threats.

What’s this for? Fanfic?

Just a little fan expansion I’m putting together. Conceptualizes systems, classes, zones, raids/dungeons, bosses, story, etc. Just a little something to keep me busy over the summer when I’m not working.

I liked D3’s concept of reintroducing the paladin as a crusader. Crusader was an elite unit of heavy artillery paladins in their lore.

1 Like

The closest we have in what could be considered Warcraft Lore is the paladin warrior and epic paladin warrior. There are short wowpedia entries about them.

I imagine the next step would be Exarch or Lightbringer

You gonna write this or put together something playable? I’m down to see how it turns out either way.

I am! I’m currently putting together a Wowpedia page for it. If you wanna find out more about it and have some ideas, I’m actually gonna try to put together a small group of people who are interested. Just message me at Genne#1750 on Discord if you’re interested (no pressure though)!

I feel like a couple hundred years into the future, ashbringer would eventually become more of a prestige title than a title tied solely to the wielder of the weapon. After Mograine, Tirion, and now the player, and the ashbringer sword theoretically being retired indefinitely, it could become a title bestowed to highly prominent paladins.

another idea is making being lightforged into the prestige paladin.

For Paladins there are few options that come to mind, Inquisitor(onehander and offhand dps) and Crusader(sword n board dps)

I mean if you want to get really in-depth with it, look at the root definition of paladin and where it was originally spawned from.

French Courts - While the French word paladin means warrior, it was used specifically starting in the late 1500s to mean “one of the 12 knights in attendance on Charlemagne.”

Rome - A paladin or paladine was a person with a lot of power in many countries during the medieval and in early modern Europe. The word paladin was first used in Ancient Rome for a chamberlain of the Emperor, and also for the imperial palace guard, called the Scholae Palatinae by Constantine.

So you could step paladin into Praetorian as the elite guards of the emperor/kingdom.

Or come up with a title meaning elite knight for warcraft lore. In Game of Thrones for example the First Sword was a title granted to the head knight of current leader of Braavos.