PAID Server Transfers

In some situations it shouldn’t always be up to the player.

Lock the faction out. Per server based on ratio. No different than some getting locked out for capacity.

better now than in phase 2 put a 6-12month cd on it too

as soon as pvp start ppl will flock to winning side for easy honor

1 Like

There’s a gold cap on character transfers. Also, you could not transfer from a PvE server (which is easier to farm) to a PvP server.

I assume the same restrictions would be put on Classic transfers.

That’s funny that you say that because I myself was going to migrate to heartseeker to make my leveling up experience and questing less annoying. But now I actually like the challenge. It makes the world / game a little harder now.

Paid transfers are coming eventaully

3 Likes

So you want to be able to pay to make server balance WORSE?

Paid transfers will only have one effect: Server imbalance will be made many times worse. If server balance is a concern for them, then they will not be adding paid transfers for quite some time.

If it’s a PvP server, the 70% will absolutely go when they realize there are no opposite faction players to hunt down while they sit in a 2 hour queue for a WSG/AV match.

thate are NO dead servers
jsut horde griefing so much everyone else left

My opinion is all paid account features should be present.

To hell with what people think about vanillness. What someone does with their own character on their account is no one elses’ business.

2 Likes

Horde aren’t the only ones that dislike the situation on that server. I completely ditched my 54 gnome mage on heartseeker and doing it all over again on a server that doesn’t suck. Thanks blizzard free character migrations done right, definitely couldn’t have handled it better /s. The only people that like it are the perpetually mentally retarted PvE’ers that roll on PvP servers because the aforementioned mental retardation.

2 Likes

Except by then Blizzard will have implemented mercenary mode again. They aren’t about to risk losing the 70% and you know it.

Implement queues for the larger faction, problem solved. Don’t know if i like the idea of Balanced servers tbh i like being able to PvP when ever i want even if i end up getting outnumbered and destroyed.
If you want to get good then you need to PvP alot against good players imo.

1 Like

Hypothetical question :
You wake up in the morning thinking, hey I’m going to go play some WoW classic, look at the list and your realm is showing low population … yay quick login, suddenly you are in a 10k 3 hr queue, talking with your guildies and friends on discord you realize the reasoning behind it is that like most PvP server players you play the dominate faction and there are so few of the other faction logged in that the server is empty but you have to wait. Will you be happy and ok with that situation which WILL happen if there are faction queues.

Well people are already complaining that PvP is/will be dead on their server due to faction imbalance. If Blizz had done this at the start they could have avoided the problem.
What’s going to happen is they will offer paid transfers eventually then every server will end up as a PvE server and players will rage over that.

Oi vey mama mia

I’d like server transfer because I screwed up and rolled on a West Coast server and live on the East Coast.

2 Likes

yeah this is what stopping them/holding back from having gold.

Paid server transfers tend to undo community building and the idea of reputation. Do a few really jerk things, then transfer to a new realm where no one knows your name. Repeat in 90 days.

Paid server transfers before all AQ gongs are done could also create headaches much as they did in vanilla, with people who miss out on one realm wanting to transfer to another that is lower population and not done year so they can leapfrog the locals.

Personally, I’d rather wait until Phase 6 / Naxx before we see any sort of paid realm transfer. Maybe even wait until Naxx is cleared on a few realms, so there’s not a lot of guild bleeding.

Oh look, its this thread for the 1100th time

Bring on the paid transfers! By phase 6 they should be announcing TBC anyway. Then I’ll be gone.