Paid Race Change Option

Hello there Blizzard,

I’m aware that at the present paid race changes are not available for Classic, this is just a request to ask you to consider changing your minds on that decision. I’m sure I’m not the only one that has a favorite but decided to try something different and sees the idea of redoing the effort of leveling to 60, getting attuned for raids, and gear farming to be daunting. I’m not asking for name changes or anything nefarious.

Even as just a “once per account” option, I’d be more than happy to pay for the option just once.

7 Likes

Oh yes. I very much regret making this toon a night elf. I always play as gnomes when possible and didnt. Now i wish it was a gnome but in too far in to go again. I made a gnome warrior instead

3 Likes

Sorry to bring this into your thread, but, #nochanges.

10 Likes

:white_check_mark:

4 Likes

@Notify

I stopped being on board with this when they broke Cone of Cold. Doubly so after seeing how bad their ideas of spellbatching and leeway are.

But I understand most people don’t feel that way :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

broke cone of cold?

It functions more like a short, fat line rather than a cone and often misses mobs directly in front of you. But that isn’t what this thread is about.

Pls Blizz I just wanna be undead again

No.

Bye bye.

Just say no to microtransactions.

4 Likes

dead argument. There have already been #severalchanges

3 Likes

Wouldn’t mind this at all, though I’d like an in-game way to do this without paying personally.

1 Like

@ Cønduit
Right? Like the Bnet item restore is a luxury vanilla never had, among many other things. I really don’t think paying $25 or whatever it costs as a once-per-account option is really all that absurd.

Yeah should just let the flood gates open then. Lets just convert to retail.

/s

I mean, before it became the hungering beast that was retail with all the various things in the cash shop, race changes and server transfers were a thing as early as Burning Crusade.

While I would be against things like level boosts, I see nothing wrong with very basic features like race changes and server transfers. If they wanna make 10 bucks off of someone that picked a face they don’t like anymore, it’s not hurting my gameplay any.

2 Likes

It’s only been a month.
I’m level 46 and decided last night to reroll to a more populated realm and switch factions. 25 isn’t really scratching the surface

1 Like

When player choices become flexible and impermanent, it permeates the way people make choices in game, as well as how people feel about their choices. Sorry you messed up, but I think it’s super important to not to allow these kinds of things in Classic.

That said, I’m sure they’ll bring it into the game if Classic stays popular. They’ll what to monetize the game in any and every way possible.

2 Likes

Should have thought of that before you played a race you didn’t like. No changes

Welcome to Vanilla, where choices matter.

1 Like

I will keep updating this until we get a blue post saying yes/no/maybe.

no ones saying that. All we’re asking for is non-gameplay features. Lots of people were affected by their friends splintering off with the launch queue times.

Storytime: I read the blizz posts about choosing lower pop realms, and advised that we all (my friends) go somewhere other than herod. Too many cooks in the kitchen amongst our guild wanted to stay on herod for economy, etc. When the queue times were keeping some our members out, they decided to roll alts on another server for a few days till the queue times went down. To this day, 9/27, there are still hour long queues around primetime. So, by now, my friends have leveled their alts far and beyond what their herod characters are. I’m a mage, so I breezed to 60 in two weeks, thinking theyd be rolling back and I could powerlevel some of them up. I couldn’t control their actions to prevent this situation, and didnt want to waste my time on an alt, so i suffered/teamviewered my way through the queues.

Now, I have a 45 shaman on the server my buds went to that I’m leveling slower to savor everything. All I want is to get these characters in one place.

You think I’m asking for miles when i just want inches. This has no effect on your gameplay. If anything, it smooths out population differences between realms with the added benefit of reuniting friends that tried to come back together for this game.