Overwolf Denies WoWUp Its API

Kind of like you gave unsolicited advice to others previously, and continue to ignore plenty of the people that actually told you how stuff is? People have been telling you this entire time expecting WoW customers to pay your bills for your addon where Blizzard doesn’t allow it isn’t very smart and you WILL get rightful pushback for it.

Like you’ve done for WoWup without actual evidence, whereas people have legitimate proven complaints for overwolf. :\

Probably because they’re the highest paid addon author out there that I know of, yet couldn’t keep up with what their sponsors wanted. Got upset when they got dropped and said “They might not be able to work on DBM as much anymore” acting like it was a full time job when it’s literally just when new tiers and dungeons come out. They keep asking for more money, despite making a high amount and they literally live off their addon alone which is absurd.

Yes, because of the way they do shares only the ‘bigger’ addons get paid more than they used to from ad monetization and downloads.

4 Likes

I am glad I don’t use tomcat’s addon, geez what a guy.
Although I would have liked to use it just to uninstall when learning what the creator of it is like lol

I remember us both posting about the EFS removal in Metal and wondering why the hell a Windows standard was being applied to the Mac application when the Mac version required it to have so many elementary features to work. Even in Windows itself the lack of EFS screws with so much functionality, like having irritating notifications popping up and blocking your screen. Microsoft’s record for common sense programming decisions is about as strong as Blizzard’s.

1 Like

I felt that when I “upgraded” to Windows 11.

So many questionable and stupid decisions, a lot of changes that made the system more inconvenient so the menus can look “nicer”…
Like the dumb recommended part of the start menu, the now tiny start menu that can only fit a handful of icons, right-click the taskbar or the desktop.

I usually like Microsoft, but these stupid decisions made me question my love for them lol

1 Like

No worries. The Streamlabs link is the logo located right above the FAQ section on the curseforge page. Hope that helps and glad you were still able to get it !

Not everyone is going to like me and I’m ok with that. Now piss off.

I like that much better

Let me stop you right there. You like to slice up people’s posts and answer pretending that you don’t realize your answers are either out of context or just plain false in order to get that whole “hey look at me” itch scratched. Here, I’ve acknowledged you. I see you. Now piss off.

2 Likes

Can we chat offline about this? I have a few questions

hehe someone’s angry

Nope, but piss off anyway :expressionless:

1 Like

Honestly, I would just write this thread off. Most the people you are arguing with are so set in their narrow point of view that nothing anyone else will change their minds.

2 Likes

WowUp is openly robbing addon authors work be it hobby or a job. Think from all sides when you read something. Dont pigeonhole your mind.

Weird take from someone that came out at these moments in regard to defend Overwolf playing the 'I can’t get a job because X and Y issues I have even though I’m spending time doing this non-work that I think should be paying all my bills!

While you try to talk down on WoWUP because it was made in order for people(like me) to NOT have to deal with Overwolf because of all the issues Overwolf has. Security, data collection, and in general their company policies that you ignore because they give you money and Wowup doesn’t which is literally what you don’t like about them.

You can’t try to call someone else a ‘look at me’ attention seeker while you talked about your own IRL issues for attention and sympathy here, sorry.

Especially when you literally ignore any points people like me have been making this entire thread and instead opt to ad-hom your way through it.

No, they’re not. Nothing to rob.

2 Likes

I have been using Overwolf since it started. I have had zero issues with it. I configured it to completely shut down when I close it out and have gone into the task manager to verify that it is gone.

I open Overwolf before I start up my game, check for updates, then shut down. It’s simple, everything is current, and nothing is running in the background.

2 Likes

In before the “shill” comment :wink:

1 Like

Hi Tomcat. Hoping you see this.

I have a question/suggestion.

The Kerbal Space Program modding community (which is quite large and long-established) has a habit of just taking ‘coffee donations’ through PayPal. The advantage there is that PayPal donations can be one-time contributions, whereas Patreon requires a subscription.

I think people would be happy to support addon creators with more flexible options, like that. It works just fine for the KSP modders.

Just an idea!

1 Like

I’m in agreement with Brewa.

Tomcat does take one-time donations though :slight_smile: Just don’t do what I did and donate through Streamlabs since he’s getting away from that lulz.

But I definitely want to see a shift away from the Patreon trash. To me, a donation is no longer a donation if I can’t set my own terms and decide the amount and frequency. Sure, you can just cancel Patreon after the payment goes through (whenever that is), but it’s clunky and only serves to prey on those who forget. Gym membership model.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t even know what Streamlabs is. I know the guy for Plater has a big PayPal button on his page. Just wondering why more don’t.

1 Like

Yeah I didn’t either until yesterday, saw it and went “never used this before, let’s try it”.

There’s also Github funding which has a one-time option. Never heard of it until yesterday - that’s something that looks very developer friendly IMO.

1 Like

Sure, drop in a link or where ever you want to be contacted.

People aren’t going to change their minds because Overwolf have never changed their behaviour. Even when they were given the opportunity to prove people wrong with the Curse buyout, they managed to royally bork it up. No one owes them the benefit of the doubt.

1 Like