Overpower is indeed, 1000%, bugged

If that is the case then it is bugged specifically in relation to whirlwind.

EDIT: Yea I’m testing now to see if it does it with other moves, but it definitely does it with whirlwind.

I thought I had made a mistake but this seems to happen frequently with ww

Yup can confirm it does it with everything. I was just auto attacking a mob, it dodged, I targetted something else and then retargetted the mob that dodged within the 5 second window and the overpower disappeared.

1 Like

not a bug

vanilla experience

5 Likes

Untrue, this was not how it worked in vanilla. Or ever for that matter.

Argue what you want, I played warrior in vanilla, thats how it was.

because you are likely too lazy to read:
Overpower procs will be lost if the Warrior changes targets away from the target that dodged.

17 Likes

Same thing happens with druid and rogue combos.
Think it is normal?

4 Likes

Lol what?

Why would they lie?

Find some actual concrete evidence other then your memory that it is in fact not working as intended and submit it.

They’ve fixed numerous things that they’ve gotten wrong so I don’t know why you think they wouldn’t if you could prove it.

3 Likes

I think there may be a couple things going on with Overpower, or related to it. I get a lot of “dodge” messages in the scrolling combat text that I can’t find in the combat log, so I’m not sure what these “ghost dodges” are coming from.

Inb4 “Lap dog, I don’t need evidence for my claim, peasant.”

6 Likes

Its exactly the same for a rogues combo points, even if you dont target anything in-between.

1 Like

It’s not a bug, it’s literally in the patch notes if you go back far enough.
If you tab away from an overpower target you lose overpower.

2 Likes

This may sound horrible but I think that’s the intended behavior.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure starting new combo points on a new target erases your previous combo points. I don’t that’s a bug.

1 Like

I’ve never gotten combo points for putting faerie fire on a second target, then tabbing back to the first. It’s the same mechanic the warriors are seeing, as soon as you drop focus, for any reason, you lose combo points on that target.

What’s even more fun is feral power shifting also erases them, so power shifts now can only happen when there’s no combo points, and your energy bar is empty, to be beneficial.

You’d think the simple solution would be that people saw this, then stop tabbing away from the dodge target. But alas, these are the wow forums.

3 Likes

I find it ironic that warriors QQ about anything given how inanely OP they are.

Question, does Evasion work VS warriors? Not talking overpower but just general melee attacks like auto swings and whirlwind?

I notice that warriors regardless of my use of Deterrence (essentially evasion, it provides 50% avoidance) they still manage to land most of their attacks; excluding overpower.

For my evasion work fine, but at some point the sides of your char hit box count as your back and cant dodge from that angle. I have problem dodging bigger opponets (mostly taurens).

1 Like

Interesting, so it may be a hitbox OR facing problem…

I strafe a lot, and this may be contributing to my getting hit… This was NEVER an issue in vanilla, ill have to do a little testing.