Overpower / cleave bug?

Is this kind of buggy or is it just me? I’ve noticed I’ll get a proc for it when I use cleave and when I go to use it or tab over to the creature that dodged I can’t use it?

1 Like

I’ve noticed that too time to time seems you either have to be quick and lucky on the tab over or it just won’t let you over power at times.

1 Like

This happens to me as well, though most of the time it does work.
I haven’t found a reliable way to replicate the problem it seems very random

1 Like

Yeah me either. I think it mostly happens with Sweeping Strikes / cleave. Something about switching targets it doesn’t like I think, or it makes the window much shorter.

1 Like

Pretty much have to tab instantly and get the right target.

This is not a bug. In Classic, you can only Overpower a target when you are actively targeting it when it dodges. If you switch off that target, or an ability that cleaves causes the Dodge, you will not be able to Overpower it. Working as intended*

But sometimes it does work and i can tab over and overpower things so not sure its working as intended. I’m not sure how it did or didn’t work in vanilla so not sure if there is a way to prove how exactly it worked. The text also doesn’t state that you can only overpower the one you are actively targeting.

Tooltips in vanilla were not the best so never, never, rely on that as the absolute authority.
In vanilla, pretty much anything that procced based on a specific mob’s actions, you could only use it on that mob and changing targets would clear it. If you’re able to tab and use it, you’re probably beating the game engine recognizing you changed targets.

1 Like

That makes sense. At least I know its not just me then lol, thanks boss

From a blue post:
Aggrend

21 posts

[Quality Assurance Lead]

9d

Greetings!

I’ve just made an update to the original post with the following additions:

• Offhand attacks that occur while on-next-hit abilities such as Heroic Strike are queued do not suffer the dual wield to-hit penalty.

• Eternal Quintessence is not yet available to players and will arrive in a future phase.

• Stuns from procs such as Improved Revenge and Improved Concussive Shot do not diminish and are not diminished by Controlled Stun abilities such as Hammer of Justice and Kidney Shot.

• Various Plans and Recipes from the Thorium Brotherhood are not available until later phases.

• Practice Dummies in the Undercity cannot be attacked. There are no “Training Dummies” in WoW Classic.

• Overpower procs will be lost if the Warrior changes targets away from the target that dodged.

• The Eye of Shadow has a higher drop rate than many players expect.

• Note: This was changed late in Original WoW to have a much higher drop rate.
  • The objective of the quest “Touch of Zanzil” will fail if the player is not targeting Doc Mixilpizil when they /lay command is used.

• A summoned Infernal that is no longer under the control of the Warlock will only affect PvP flagged targets and targets that are on its threat table and will quickly despawn when no viable targets are available.

1 Like

There is also the situation where a low health mob would dodge and overpower won’t be usable with the error message “invalid target”. And this is without changing target.

My thread in the bug forum got buried…