Overgrown Ancient Mythic

Cannot get this guy down in 3 different groups, i understand the aoe, the stacking on ancient branch to get rid of debuff and kicking the heal but what else is there because we still cant kill it. Get to about 60% then wipe.

3 Likes

What is it exactly you are dying to? Is it the poison from the adds that spawn if you don’t kill all the Lashers? Are people getting hit by the brown swirlies spawning the Lashers? Stacking is good if the group is coordinated but if just one person is ahead of the group you’re eating the swirlies they leave behind.

But without full context as to WHAT is killing you guys it’s hard to be very helpful here. I’ve done it twice on Mythic with my BDK and Prot Warrior and neither group I was in had any issues, but we also didn’t stack and potentially eat other peoples messes.

I’ve done this twice, the first time as a guardian druid with a dps who was pulling under 5k overall dps and the healer not touching a dps button, the second time with me as a fresh fury warrior doing pretty much tank dps. Mentioning that just to say that a good group is helpful, but not necessary.

You’ve pretty much listed the strat you should be using, it sounds like you guys aren’t getting the bulbs down fast enough. The adds that come out when they grow stack up a poison on the tank really fast and when I did it on my druid we wiped quite a bit (we were learning), all of them to me dying through incarn / barkskin spamming FR. The poison is really painful, so killing the bulbs / kicking the heals is imperative.

This fight is definitely a pug killer. The problem is that he summons a group of lashers right before he reaches 100 energy, which the tank needs to pick up immediately and then the group has to be on the ball with stuns and aoe to make sure they all die correctly. Adjusting the energy gain so that you have 5 seconds in between the second germinate and burst forth would make this fight much easier.

3 Likes

I didn’t realise this boss was hard. Haven’t wiped at all. Stack on tank on clockwise. Even if spread it’s chill. Like no real group damage. Honestly confused how to wipe on this.

1 Like

My guess is they aren’t killing the boss before the second time he does his group wide move mechanic and all the Lashers come alive which then causes mayhem. Maybe an interrupt is being missed on the Treant which is healing the boss?

If your group isn’t doing enough damage to the bulbs it’s rough. Last week when we were all around 320-340 it was a challenge, this week that we’re all 360 it’s a cakewalk. I imagine this will be a pita in higher keys on tyr weeks for sure.

Group I did it with was 310-320 on very first day. Ilvl isn’t an issue. Just dps actually doing dps.

both weeks, this boss was unremarkable.

both were pugs. so maybe something was terribly wrong in your groups, like super low dps across the board?

We ran this on both +10 and +9 yesterday and it was by far the hardest boss we fought, I don’t think we had this many wipes total compared to this boss. 1 DPS just gave up in the +10 and left. The timing of the second add waves plus eq and even thundering made this fight way too tough to recover from if you get behind. Seems like there are either too many small adds or they have too much health. Also the debuff clear could be a bit larger AOE.

1 Like

This boss is by far my worst M+ 10 experience so far boss wise as a healer.

Edit: I take that back: Last boss of Ruby Life Pools. A close second, though.

1 Like

Yeah, this boss is probably the most overtuned out of all of the dungeons atm.

2 Likes

down a key level?

Wise Marl, I hate that boss.

why do people hate this boss?

Eh, I don’t hate him necessarily, but we’re fighting him at +8 and he is by far the most difficult encounter we’ve dealt with. Everything else has been pretty breezy. Think he’s a bit overtuned.

1 Like

the water guy? aren’t his mechanics just “don’t get hit by the water and don’t run into tornadoes”?

Overgrown Ancient is the tree man in the Academy.

1 Like

the person i was responding to said

but there’s no way to tell i was replying to them and not the op. fun forum software!

1 Like

Ah my bad, sorry for the confusion!

1 Like