Overcrowded Realm Update

I would never have seen this coming even if I had played this game for the last 15 years at its highest level and understood the Classic community in a way only a true neckbeard would, having written content for it, sat in guild coalition meetings, lead a 500+ person guild or loved this game so much as to change my life to play it.

Truly no one could have predicted this.

4 Likes

Or just give Herod a two-day transfer period before opening it up to all. Problem solved.

13 Likes

when they are forced to spread out else face incredibly long queues, they will go to other servers.

servers are already more populated than the most packed classic servers once they reach medium pop.

even these servers at medium or higher population will be facing massive problems post-layering because the game world is not large enough to support that amount of people. more servers need to be made, and server population caps need to be massively reduced if they want to avoid this.

brace yourself for an absolute crapshoot once layering is gone in p2 on anything medium+. i’ve already had plenty of experience with vanilla servers that could reach 10k+ concurrent populations and i do not look forward to it again

also unrelated to your post, i dont buy this idea that population fall off is going to be enough to kill a server. other games that have done similar things still have plenty healthy populations

3 Likes

Herod is going to have to need to have so many layers of itself… That place is going to be an absolute mosh pit when layering gets shut off. Truly an actual wonder of the world, a spectacle to behold. And I will stay as far away from it as I possibly can.

3 Likes

Can you consider opening up new realms for other server types, and not just the streamer server?

1 Like

I actually think it’s kinda the opposite, higher population servers with queues always have the lowest % of drop off, and if anything, gain players from the lesser # realms.

I’d feel more encouraged to roll on a full server than a medium one.

1 Like

Please make a new Eastern PvP server named THADDIUS … AKA CHADDIUS. IT WILL SOLVE THE PROBLEM TRUST ME

7 Likes

It’s like you all didn’t read this part.

Please also note that our realm population estimates of Low, Medium, High, and Full are based on this increased capacity – a Medium realm today already has more characters on it than even the most crowded realms did back in 2006.

5 Likes

Sure. Something that guarantees players get to keep the same names, so it’s not a risk to switch realms.

4 Likes

I would consider switching if you guys didn’t block unsubbed players from accessing the character creation screen on Stalagg so we could reserve our names. It’s probably too late for my buddy and I to save our names now, though. We already have them on Herod.

You can bet on herod having one of the more fun launch days

4 Likes

Or just straight up call it Chaddius. LOL

1 Like

The world is meant for 2500-3k concurrent players. Megaservers are not vanilla, thats pirate server nonsense and needs to stay there. When you overpopulate you lose the community, and ruin the core parts of the game.

8 Likes

This does seem like the best bandaid possible for now. And if the populations truly drop off as much as everyone is predicting, merge the damned servers then. Initial server health is the more important than the kind of predictions people are making about later on, which may or may not come true to varying degrees.

4 Likes

You guys set this up for failure. People already got their names reserved. Guilds already committed to Herod. Now you’re asking people who got their ideal names reserved to go to the new realm, but you don’t add more name reservations so people cant even hope of reserving their name elsewhere.

Give players more name reservations so we can even consider going to the new realm. I’m not deleting my “Legolas” name to go to a new server.

Additional note, friends and family of current players who plan to play but won’t until launch will want to go Herod to play with friends. Your expected queues may not even consider another large portion of the launch player base.

20 Likes

… and they’ll still do it. Don’t roll on Herod if you don’t want huge queues.

And it’s space would be smaller than any of these servers, and be more overcrowded than Herod, leading to people complaining because there weren’t enough non-layering servers…

And if Blizzard gives in, it destroys the population because whiny people quit anyway.

1 Like

this propaganda will not take me away from Herod, nice try Blizzard! <3

4 Likes

I don’t play pirate servers, and do not support piracy at all.

We are already past what “the world was meant for” so that argument is kinda lost, plus we have layering so again, moot point.

This is a BLIZZ problem, not a player problem.

Herod being jam packed is a good thing

1 Like

Well I agree that Bloodsail Buccaneers should of been the RP-PvP server name but I really like Herod its a cool name.

1 Like

layering is only going to be a thing for phase 1 you doof

your server is going to have 10k queues. ive played on servers with 10k populations and it was disgusting how overpopulated the actual in game world was to the point where my entire guild left to play somewhere else.

3 Likes