Overcrowded Realm Update

Herod is the people’s sever though… i can’t switch

16 Likes

“OMG LAYERING IS HERE TO STAY”

7 Likes

I’m splitting my characters between Herod and Stalagg now. We’ll see what happens…

9 Likes

“Free realm transfers for all!”

Classic is an experiment, and I have full faith that blizzard has contingency plans for any number of scenarios. If a bunch of idiots like us can imagine a possible future, I’m sure they’ve got something planned for it.

11 Likes

What about adding another PST PVP realm?

17 Likes

They probably will when fairbanks hits full i’d imagine

2 Likes

You could have just gone to Stalagg, they (streamers) are already on Faerlina!

20 Likes

Since we don’t know what the exact population caps are, can you tell us what the cap was back in 2006 at least?

Also, do the realm population estimates account for duplicate characters?

6 Likes

They were about 2500-3000 back in vanilla

9 Likes

Problem is that many on Herod already reserved names and cannot get them on Stalagg. (Doesn’t matter to me, but for many in my group it does).

17 Likes

I say let all the people on Herod enjoy there 4 hour queue times the first week so I can level more efficiently on stalagg! Then you are all welcome on stalagg, you’re drama is not!

15 Likes

I mean…there’s a reason people were saying you guys didn’t make enough realms. I was expecting around 20 for launch and we currently have what, 12?

18 Likes

And why were there no Blues on sight on the forums or twitter or reddit day of the name reserve?
Where were you then?
Nothing out of you.
Sure, that scum Asmon got his name somehow even after playing around with the character creation, he somehow knew he had time, but loads of other people didnt.
No support there.
Long queues all day long, no feedback, no support.
Only one new US realm.

10 Likes

Need this answer

2 Likes

If you do open another realm, could you please give us a little more warning next time? I’m not going to reroll unless I get the names I want and by the time I heard about Stalagg opening, it had been up for a couple hours.

It’s just a bummer that the people who live on the forums could grab “high value” names and immediately start selling them on discord hours before a lot of folks even heard of the server, and I think if Blizz did a better job communicating that issue would be at least somewhat mitigated.

24 Likes

While I appreciate the update, this bothers me. I played on a medium pop to low pop server back then, and really loved it. I tried a high pop server and did not like it. This is bothersome to me, but I’m probably the only one bothered by it.

Before anyone tries to ‘educate’ me on the value of a high pop server, please don’t. I’ve already heard it all before. Thanks.

14 Likes

So they can fit all the players on one realm with their new layering technology…

But, they won’t be able to turn off layering in the future without players getting extremely long login queues.

4 Likes

They expect 50% (at least) drop by Phase 2, I would assume.

4 Likes

If you don’t mind it terribly, you might be safe on one of the RP servers. Maybe.

I appreciate the honesty, but i’m gonna pass on that.

I’d rather wait in queue every time i log in for months and feel certain my server will be popular and vibrant a year from launch, then roll on the consolation server and take a chance at being on a lower pop realm.

12 Likes