Overcrowded Realm Update

It’s just going to get harder after people has set foot in realms and invested some time.

I think if Blizzard wants a more accurate picture of what will happen on launch day they should consider giving people without sub time the ability to reserve a single name.

Those of us with sub time have already had plenty of time to reserve our names, but I know I have some friends who are going to play who didn’t want to re-sub early and waste time/money just to get a name. Their estimates of how many of those people exist could potentially be way off. Letting them pick one name on one server would likely give them a much more accurate impression.

edit: and they can limit it to accounts that are at least X days/weeks/months/whatever old so people can’t just go make dozens of new accounts to reserve names

6 Likes

Well join the fun we only have 4 PVE REALMS and they are FULL… least you guys have 9 PVP servers

2 Likes

People are avoiding streamers. Streamers bring terrible gameplay. Open more realms and let players roll where they want to. Don’t force people to roll on servers they don’t want to roll on.

1 Like

THANK YOU no more true words ever spoken

2 Likes

you chose a pvp server, deal with either the over population of alli or vice versa. Normal server is nice, still get to do BGs.

Any thoughts on adding another Eastern PVE realm since both are full and expected to have significant ques now?

4 Likes

Okay, so if both Mankrik and Pagle are Full, then where are we supposed to move to right now Blizzard?

Looks like we need two more PVE servers for US East… and probably another one for US West as well.

4 Likes

Only four days from launch, and we are already full on all servers, don’t think they anticipated this much!!

2 Likes

“This is only the tip of the iceberg~”

Blizzard, those of us on PVE Eastern realms need to be able to move our toons to avoid extended queue times. Right now, we have no choices at all. Both Mankrik and Pagle are full and have been for a couple of days. What would you suggest we do? Move to BFA? Is that the master plan?

Won’t work. We’ll just clog up your forums while we wait in our extended queues.

7 Likes

How many of these reserved names are from gold sellers? Sure from day one they will be hoping on the bandwaggon to get their claws in classic.

It’s been 24 hrs since the last PVE server (which was already at high) changed to Full and no word yet on new PVE servers.

The second PVP became full they added a new server, and then the next day added 2 more.

Where is the PVE love Blizz?

The longer you wait, the more people that have waited til the last minute to sub are coming back. I paid for ‘early access’ to get my 3 character names. Every day you wait to add more PVE servers, I have to compete against more people who didn’t pay early for the names I want. This is not very fair.

3 Likes

They watch players come onboard and setup characters. I think it’s fair to assume that players are coming in at a trickle for the PVE realms and they rushed in in a torrent for PVP.

You will get your new realms, but obviously Blizzard doesn’t think its an emergency.

We’re 4 days out and every day more people are subbing. This will reach its peak this weekend, because a lot of people didn’t want to pay to reserve their names. ALL of the PVE realms are listed as Full. In the AMA, the devs stressed that full realms will have ‘several hour’ queues. It’s not fair for those of us who paid for early access to have to compete with more and more people every day for our names. So we’re either stuck on a full server or have to risk losing names we already have to people who literally subbed an hour before the new server goes online.

2 Likes

Neither you or I have any idea how fast people are subbing.

Two of the four PVE realms are currently High not Full.

Blizzard has days before go live to add new realms.

I’m sure you will get want you want soon. Just relax.

1 Like

They are waiting 3 to 4 days for the PvE version of Herod before they add the first new PvE server…just like they waited 3 to 4 days after Herod blew up.

1 Like

Yeah and it’ll be too late for people who signed in on the 13th to reserve names. Because every day more people are re-subbing- I see them post here and over on Reddit. I also see many, many people talking about re-subbing this weekend. So waiting for the ‘trickle’ to turn into a flood is a really bad idea and again, just kind of crappy for people who logged in 2 weeks ago early. Because we’ll have to risk deleting and trying again for our names, but this time against a whole new group of people. Sigh.

Why did I pay for early access if I’m going to be competing against everyone anyway?

I know but I was lucky in that I came back for Patch 8.2 farmed enough for two tokens (one paid for Aug) and if I farm enough this Weekend have another. This will give me 2 months on someone else’s dime to play Classic.

2 Likes

its funny at this point its like “ok guys here is a list of servers that are really getting full so please pick a server not on the list”
full server list:
All

2 Likes