Overcrowded Realm Update

so increase the server cap. Every other MMO out there uses SINGLE megaservers. WoW can join 2019 any time it wants, too

4 Likes

Well now I have a bunch less questions to ask in the ama.

1 Like

Yall handled this launch poorly, and now guilds are stuck in poor places with half the members wanting to move, and half not. Releasing the extra server late instead of at the start is the main culprit, along with the fact that you didnt announce Stalagg’s opening ahead of time. Like an above poster said, many (not me cause idgaf about name) who would move to stalagg dont want to because by the time they heard about it, their names were gone. And that just leads back to the overall mishandling of this launch. By the greedy money-grab tactic of pre-name reservations, combined with low server counts, you help ensure this would happen. If this had been a normal chaotic launch, with no name reservations, people and guilds would just be trying to create on the day of, and when they run into a 10k queue, they would just go to another server without a queue. When will your company learn that greedy tactics usually end up hurting you in the long run?

28 Likes

low-medium is nice for a launch because people are leveling and its fresh. A year after…it will suck big poo due to raid logging and people quiting.

1 Like

If you want to open more servers before launch, you’ll have to give players a 4th name reservation slot. Many of us have our names reserved already and aren’t willing to delete them for just a chance to get the name on the new server.

I deleted my 3rd favorite one to make one on Stal, but others are probably not willing to chance it.

21 Likes

Vanilla and megaservers don’t blend well

18 Likes

Sorry not giving Blizz a free pass on this situation. They dangled name reservation as a way to get people to sub 2 weeks early, didn’t release enough realms, and now ask people to switch, effectively forfeiting the names they subbed early to get.

Dont blame people for being stubborn on Herod. Money was put on the table.

50 Likes

population being way higher than original vanilla servers for anything medium+ is going to be far more of a detriment than queues. they need more than 1 or else stalagg is just going to be similarly bloated once people start inevitably switching to other realms

1 Like

The entire point of Classic is going back to 2006.

WoW already joined 2019. They called it Battle for Azeroth.

22 Likes

It would seem that someone is going to blink on Heroid either sooner or later and flee the server to go to another one. That being said even then it sounds like there will be more pvp servers coming.

What time zone will it be?

But they already brought up that their server capacity ALREADY based upon modern estimates, not 2006. Unless I read the blue post wrong.

2 Likes

Yup. Just like some here wanted all along. They will be on their alts complaining about ques now. Lol
I’m just glad it’s before phase 2 or I was rioting.
Thanks Kavi!

2 Likes

#GrobonmyKnob

4 Likes

have you not realized yet that WoW is NOT “every other MMO out there”?

there are reasons WoW stands above the rest.

4 Likes

All I’m getting from this is Herod is fat.

8 Likes

they already made the server cap MANY times what it was in vanilla, so that argument holds no ground.

Fact is, they could do single mega servers just like every other game in 2019 if they wanted to invest in that.

If you wanted people to roll on Stalagg, why would you only give a couple of hours notice before opening up name reservation? Seems like it would have made more sense to have even given a single day’s notice.

17 Likes

Not in this regard it doesn’t. This is one area wow is 10 years behind the competition and if you haven’t been paying attention, the competition has caught up #'s wise.

If they want players to switch realms, they should open up a new realm that only accepts transfers from Herod. That way, players can keep their beloved names.

32 Likes