Overcrowded Realm Update

I doubt it.

If Herod’s queues are horrendous, I doubt Blizzard will turn off layering for that realm.

1 Like

Let them sit in queue and offer free transfers. It’s blizzard’s M.O.

Insulting already? my my, how childish.

You can agree to disagree like an adult, you know.

I’ve been on overpopulated servers, and dead servers and i’d take waiting an hour to log in every day before rolling on the lower pop server.

That seems like a negative for Herod either way. RIP Herod I guess if that is the case.

Stalagg went from announcement to live in I believe less than 8 hours, giving my guild, friends and me zero time to deliberate whether we wanted to make the switch there and whether we should delete characters on Herod to reserve it on Stalagg. While yes their are others servers, they are not ideal as they are either West Coast, PvE or also already full. Some of the people I know who have names on Herod that they like, were unable to get them on Stalagg due to the short notice given.

9 Likes

He said they WILL and they have been warned!

3 Likes

This made me re-sub for classic again.

Thank you blizzard for confirming this :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

So based on the population density of NA, you have a lot more people that benefit from east coast time zone/chicago based servers for ping. That makes Eastern Servers more alluring. However, 2 of the eastern servers become highly undesirable when Thalnos has been claimed by brazilians (because blizzard failed to give them their own server) and Faerlina is the streamer server (leads to an inorganic world, and plenty of memery that wants to be avoided by many). So that left Herod, or fairbanks. Fairbanks is not an EST realm, and its not been published where the server physically is yet. So your only real option as the MAJORITY of the playerbase is herod. Stalagg just opened, but theres lots of inertia with getting people to switch servers. Everyone wants to play immediately on a server that won’t die, so a middle ground might just be impossible.

6 Likes

The solution for relieving Herod’s population: bribe streamers to move to that server.

4 Likes

Only if people refuse to listen to Blizzard outright asking you to move.

1 Like

What they said was each layer is approximately the same as a vanilla server’s population cap. In the end they will condense down to one layer. Hence once layering is gone the server will be at the vanilla concurrent pop cap.

1 Like

Same with the guild I am rolling with, just decided after a quick discord discussion it was pointless to go. There’s going to be a strong economy and population no chance of it going dead and we are in for the long haul.

I get that but that was mostly me reacting to people who seemed to be only taking Herod and w/e server the streamers are going to be on as the only pvp servers being really talked about in this thread beside the newer one. Unless I was missing some other reason why the other servers were not brought up.

sry not sry

ur 10k queue will be more than an hour (lmao) just to get into a server so massively populated that doing anything not instanced will be an absolute nightmare once they permanently turn off layering in phase 2

servers won’t be dead even if they’re below medium pop with how their caps are right now. literally a low pop server is still in the range of a max pop vanilla realm.

5 Likes

All servers are for ALL people. . No one owns or claims anything.

2 Likes

Hey people…Blizz is not asking you to do anything if you dont want…All they are saying is if you dont switch off Herod then enjoy the 4 hour que to get in…

5 Likes

With gleeful delight Pheonixdowns places a cookie in the palm of Erniemiser hand
The light has blessed this Elf.

1 Like

PLEASE MAKE A NEW EASTERN PVP SERVER AND NAME IT THADDIUS. thanks blizz

Unless this has already been asked, will a community manager be updating us on the estimated Herod populace before next week? I would venture a week from today (Friday) so on the 23rd?

I feel this would offer two benefits…

• Obviously let us know that the exodus some have made to the new server is not enough and that more would be needed to help balance server load.

• Give guild leaders that are in coordination with other guilds across both factions (such as myself) time to speak with their members about switching servers as a collective community.

As I type this, I’ve been involved with some wonderful organization between about a 15 guilds (Horde and Alliance) that wish to roll the same server for world PvP reasons. I’d venture to say there is between 500-750 of us between the guilds. Should we get an update next Friday, it would be HUUUUUUGE in helping our decision(s).

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

4 Likes

Again, you can’t say the feedback wasn’t there. People said to launch with a decent amount of servers and you guys initially came out with 11 during the name reservations. Anyone could see that that wasn’t going to be enough.

9 Likes