Outsourcing Enforcement of ToS to Players

Yes. And I just said he’s going to get nothing but negative attention here. The system is clearly automated and there’s no chance in hell that Blizzard didn’t foresee situations exactly like this one happening, so I doubt you’ll get anywhere.

Well sounds like they did the right thing.

Seems like it would be hard to say for sure if they were reported because they’re gay, or because the name could easily be read as mocking gay people.

It’s not automated.

If you have questions, ask them on Customer Support. But drawing this particular conclusion isn’t supported by any evidence whatsoever and has been specifically discounted by Blizzard.

5 Likes

Banned or Suspended?

1 Like

I bet they probably got reported by another gay player who thought they were making fun of the LGBTQABCDEFHIJKMNOPRSUVWXY&Z community

5 Likes

I’d report it because it’s a stupid name. The players can only report. Is up the the mods?/gm’s to enforce it.

4 Likes

Ppl using gay agenda in-game, the name change is the right choice.

3 Likes

It was probably reported by some cowboy or someone from the Deep South.

2 Likes

Given they have been harassed by hateful people previously for the guild name, It’s more likely it was bigots.

3 Likes

Can we go back to the days when it meant happy?

Or has leftists poisoned that word to beyond repair?

3 Likes

in other news blizzard forced a name change upon a guild that was reported for inappropriate name, just like if i had a character named Gayboy it would have been reported and forced to change.

my friend had her name changed because the GM looked at urban dictionary of all places so yeah it’s not hard to understand why “gay boys” got reported and forced changed

unfortunately you have to say happy now

what was her name?

What is so venomous about loving someone regardless of gender?

1 Like

Pretty sure having ANYTHING sexually related is against ToS. “Bigots” aern’t involed

3 Likes

Being gay is not sexual… romance is not sexual all the time

2 Likes

Doesn’t matter the ToS says don’t put it out there.

Anything that destroys something of it’s original value to something else is poisoning to me.

If it was the other way around I’d say the same thing.

I get triggered at words being destroyed from their original meaning due to political changes. It is like book burning.

No it doesn’t, it is not sexual. Love is love. Love is part of Warcrafts story for heavens sake

4 Likes

words can have multiple meanings. Languages evolve

1 Like