[OUTLAW] Why is "Between the Eyes" so weak in PvP?

My rogue is only 405 equip ilvl with only 7200 agility. Very underwhelming.
I have 3x traits of Ace Up Your Sleeve which increases the damage of Between the Eyes by about 900 per combo point spent, so about an 2700 damage per combo point because of 3x traits.

On the pvp target dummies, I can crit for about 87k, and about 110k with the Deeper Stratagem talent. Yet in instanced pvp like BGs, skirms and rated arena, I barely get 15k crits.

Why is that?

Don’t think target dummies have any armor rating damage reduction applied to them.

So when going against someone wearing plate for example or someone with a defensive up, you’re going to do considerably less damage.

I’m trying to find the source or site link or whatever, but I think damage is reduced in PvP as well. I know Ferocious Bite has had its power cut down by 40% in PvP. /shrug

Some part of me also thinks it got nerfed in pvp as well. I very vaguely remember seeing a nerf but can’t find one. Even on clothies it barely crits for 15k.

I’m not sure why it’s weak but try getting to ilvl >420 your ilvl is super low , try getting some decent essences and trinkets I think you might find overall damage will be alot higher and rotation alot smoother if it helps any.

Wonder if ilvl plays a part? Almost how like legacy works in PvE (anything 10+ levels and you do god mode damage to mobs)

I’m not sure. Going from 87-110k down to barely 15k crits is a huge margin.

1 Like

I noticed a similar effect. I love my outlaw in pve, but have felt underwhelmed in pvp. I want to love outlaw in pvp, but is sin just the easiest and most effective choice?

Yea, its been gutted… First you have to remember that traits are only 50% effective in instanced pvp. Then about a year ago, it was nerfed another 20%. That was a PVP hot fix with killed between the eyes and deadshot on 9/6/2018.

It’s kinda funny when you think about it. You take a fun spec like outlaw and nerf it into the ground while allowing Locks to continue to spam fear/bolts for 120k+ while having insane self healing and armor.

This is blizzards way of saying, just play assassination…

2 Likes

My 437 gear with 2 ace can crit 100K+ in M+, while in PvP it hardly goes beyond 20K on 300K+ HP players.
Yes, it is frustrating.

Artifact traits are nerfed by a flat 50%. It was already nerfed by 20% ish before but the PvP devs didn’t want to balance so they just made it a flat 50%. This killed OL as BtE and Pistol shot were the main point of damage.

On top of that the bonus crit damage built into the skill is disabled in PvP.

If you really want to PvP on OL you’ll want to aim for at least 20% vers before your buffs kick in and you’ll want to play more like a hit and run class than an instant burst. At 20% verse my BtE can hit in the low 40k’s and pistol shot can be around 38k crits. Run heed my call and any other passive damage procs (Razor Coral, Scrap metal trink, bile tusk, etc, that you can. Turns you into a slot machine but a man can you surprise people.

Outlaw has tools, healing, and consistent damage. You can outlast your opponent but you’ll never out burst them outside of some gimmicky caster trinket bs. Embrace the leech and healing.

It’s worthless from a damage perspective (as is dispatch really). Most of my damage comes from SS and main gauche procs and I stack vers to help, focusing on uptime and juggling. If you want burst, run with focused azerite beam and use your stuns/incaps to force trinkets and then hit them with a full channel. Good for 100k+ pretty much every time.

I love outlaw but if you want big number burst that feels similar, you’re probably wanting fury (of even surv). If you want to lock people down and play strategic, outlaw is amazing.

1 Like

Instant ranged stuns shouldn’t exist. HoJ is the one exception since it’s been here since classic but its cooldown needs to be increased to be available less often.

Outlaw Rogue are MEANT to be Low in PVP. Blizzard nerfed them to hell and back because they were too GOOD as Combat.

They want Outlaw to ONLY be a PVE spec.

It is because you literally have 0% versatility.

I hit 40-45k BtE crits with 17-20% versatility (depending on the gear I have on at the time). I only have a bit more agility then you too.

That being said, even with high versatility 45k is underwhelming compared to a lot of other classes.

Gun shot traits got nerfed in season 1 if I recall.

Edit: just saw all the above replies. For some reason they didn’t appear when I originally read the thread.