Outlaw Shadowlands thoughts

RtB already is too much RNG as it is. Outlaw mastery would actually be fine as is if they just buffed it. I think its proc should also reward energy, like back in Legion from the artifact (if I’m remembering that correctly.) Or better yet, have Main Gauche just increase flat damage (get rid of the 30% proc) and also give a flat energy regen.

Whatever the case, Main Gauche definitely needs a rework. It’s been utter crap for way too long.

3 Likes

Can someone, whomever has sl alpha, post about the mastery in the alpha forums? Maybe if blizz sees we want it changed, they may change it.

1 Like

God no. So we would have to wait for our mastery to proc, then hope that the proc will proc another proc… Just stupid. Mastery needs to go. It’s so outdated.

I have 3 ideas.

A) Increase dmg of all cp generators by x% So Sinister Strike, and Pistol shot. At the same I would also have it increase the range of all spells by x%.

B) Increases the dmg of all spells that involve the pistol. So PS and BtE by X%. I would also apply the same range affect too.

C) Keep Main Gauche BUT, change the way it procs. So instead of being a flat 30% proc, the chance is increased by your mastery%. 10% mastery, 10% proc chance. But make the proc dmg scale with agi, and at the same time proc a small amount of energy. So 20-30 energy on a proc. I would also keep the range increase too, because why not.

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE change this outdated trash mastery. It is a joke compared to other specs mastery.

I like your idea. I’d really like if they changed it to have CP generators increase damage, along with the current mastery with a tweak. So like you said, all cp generators have increased damage, make the off hand attack still be base 30 proc chance, but have it give energy regen when it procs. And have the more mastery you have increase the damage of the cp generators. I think that would be a fair balance and actually have mastery not be a wasted stat

I think it’d be nice if mastery added an increased chance to have multiple roll the bones matches. In addition to main gouge.

That’s actually a good idea, Outlaw’s mastery is bland and it provides very little DPS increase per point. I haven’t thought of this and my personal idea was to just have Roll the Bones only generate 2 buffs but no more and no less, I like your suggestion much more as it gives some flavor to the stat and a reason to stack it.

Multiple classes have Masteries that give dual purpose, I don’t believe this would be asking for too much or pose any balance issues as RtB isn’t a huge DPS factor anymore, should @ some devs on Twitter so this gains some traction.

just tweeted to wowdevs about it. Let’s see if it gets some light.

1 Like

As far as the ‘pirate’ theme goes, I’m going to miss using BtE as my go to stun. To me it’s so satisfying. Between pistol shot and BtE, you really do get that piratey feel and its one of the reasons I swapped to rogue. Kidney Shot will do but it won’t have that same effect as BtE when that crackling ‘BOOM’ goes off.

1 Like