Outlaw Shadowlands thoughts

Outlaw is going to be like Assasination but with grapple hook instead of Shadow step. It seems like its losing its (“Pirate” - “Outlaw”) theme.

Riposte being changed to Evasion
Between the eyes being change to Kidney

The only nice change is the Roll of the Bones not Costing Combo points.

2 Likes

It lost it in bfa. I see ww and frost dk have a choice of 2h or 1h weapons. They should make rogues able to choose daggers or slow 1h for all specs. daggers are the equivalent of warglaives for rogues but demonhunters get to choose what they want to wield unlike rogues. It’s a ridiculous double standard.

10 Likes

The whole push with the expansion is to make specializations feel more like you’re specializing rather than rolling an entirely different class. Specs didn’t share enough common abilities according to their philosophy. I agree with them to a point.

Let’s be clear, this is a straight up buff. Riposte doesn’t impact enemies hitting you from behind, evasion does.

This is a nerf. No bueno but again, they want more common abilities to exist across each of a class’ three specs.

No no no. The nice change is that roll the bones is on a cooldown to prevent the rotation from consisting of rolling and re-rolling and re-rolling over and over again until you achieve the desired outcome. A+ change in my opinion.

5 Likes

Outlaw will be entirely unused in PvP though as it would appear that it can’t access wound poison while both assassination and subtlety can. That’s unless there’s some other big change(s) in the works that would give outlaw some valuable utility that the other two specs can’t access.

So much this, It feels terrible having a roll and reroll rotation until you get the good buff. I hope that they actually balance rtb to have maybe a 1-5% difference between rolls so consistent damage for the spec. COnsidering there was no way in hell they would allow a lucky roll to do at least double any other dps in the game to give you a jackpot reward of a lucky roll, it needed to be done.

1 Like

No it’s not. Between the Eyes is losing it’s stun effect due to Kidney Shot returning to Outlaw Rogue. Between the Eyes will instead focus on increasing Critical Strike chance on targets.

Kidney Shot returns to Outlaw’s toolkit, with Between the Eyes making their foes more susceptible to their critical strikes instead of stunning them.

As far as I can tell, Kidney Shot isn’t replacing Between the Eyes, but Between the Eyes is losing it’s stun.

3 Likes

Can our mastery get changed? It’s actually sooooooooooooooooooooo bad.

5 Likes

I’m actually okay with BtE losing the stun. Drives me nuts having to hold stuns on Sanguine weeks, and constantly DR’ing everything.

4 Likes

THANK YOU!!! some one else has finally said it. we can collect appearances but cant use em, we are rogues “pirate” theme or not we are still rogues

With ya on that one we dont need mountains of mastery like blizz seems to think we do. i want crit verse and haste NO MASTERY, then you look at the loot we get mastery mastery mastery mastery mastery mastery mastery mastery mastery mastery haste mastery mastery mastery mastery and finally you get a verse item with a mastery corruption…

What caused you to come to this conclusion? Outlaw didn’t receive any theme changes but it did gain Kidney Shot and Between the Eyes turned into a debuff. Assassination is still DoT oriented with a pooling-spending rotation, it doesn’t play or feel like Outlaw.

1 Like

Alas, not too many rogues or people who play the game even seem to care about simple QOL changes for the class. Rogues are such a small portion of the playerbase. There just isn’t the demand for being able to choose between daggers and other melee weapons like other classes. Not like DK players who campaigned for the return of 2h frost or warriors who demanded the return of SMF. It would be so easy with weapon damage only impacting autoattacks now.

1 Like

So much this xD we definitely need a new mastery

2 Likes

If they changed the mastery, what would it be?

I’d like to see it increase finisher damage/effects since outlaw puts out tons of finishers. Would scale much better than the offhand garbage.

I’m amazing no one commented on this.
You cannot dodge attacks from behind. <.<
You can dodge ranged attacks, though. Which is a plus. But, on the downside, Riposte had the counterattack mechanic.

3 Likes

Seems too similar to sub. I’d like to see it where our combo point generators gets buffed along with the finishers. So ifs a little different than sub at least. Or of they keep this offhand damage crap, then maybe have it where it has an additional effect

1 Like

This^ PLEASE

Let them keep the stupid OH attack but they could add an additional effect to it. Similar to how Havoc gets extra move speed from mastery or Survival gets extra HP regen, Destruction gets straight up damage reduction and then an addition random amount of damage reduction. Marksman gets extra range from mastery as well so they can out range any class.

Maybe our mastery could be the chance for the OH attacks to trigger but it could also give us a chance to Riposte as well. IDK. I’m just spitballing here but I’d like to see more classes with the secondary benefit from mastery rather than just +x% damage boost.

2 Likes

Hmm, interesting idea.
They need or at least should do something about it.
I think it be cool if mastery somehow had a rtb interaction along with it, though that may cause too much rng