Outlaw, roll the bones

Hey guys I’m fairly new to outlaw rogue and I am having trouble with micro managing/tracking roll of bones buffs.

What’s a good way to track what buffs I get when I use it?

I need helppp

I use elvui and there’s a setting for buffs. You can do a whitelist so only the ones you want will show up wherever you want to see them. There is probably also a weak aura, as people have made great ones of those for just about anything.

1 Like

Sounds good! I will play around with those addons until I can get it right.

Thanks for the help!

The stress of not rolling a Broadside or Ruthless Precision is too much for me.
Remove from my bars.

Also, missing the Stealth -> Blade Flurry -> Ambush, since they added a mini-attack on the AoE Buff press instead of removing the GCD, as they should have.

:tropical_drink:

2 Likes

I have an addon called “Troll the Bones” and it has a neat draggable interface that I keep near my cast bar / TMW icons / Weak Auras.

It also tells you how many rolls it has been since your last 5 roll, which is mostly depressing, but somewhat entertaining.

2 Likes

I use tell me when, which sucks when they keep changing the buffs, but I’ve also used xroller, which had a sound queue to notify you when to stop fishing for buffs. Haven’t tried it since the prepatch.

Lol how about rolling grand melee the entire boss fight and trying to explain to your raid leads its not your fault, but that your spec just has a bad gambling addiction and on a losing streak.

4 Likes

Roll the bones really does need an improvement. I try not to think about it. But seriously. Buff this thing.

I don’t know how many times I rtb, ambush, and still see nothing pop up on my aura where i have only the best rtb buffs show up. Most of the time it’s as if I rolled nothing.

It’s crazy how when you get a good roll you can soar in dps, unbelievably. But get a bad roll and you are so sluggish. Not to mention if aclarity drops it just feels so bad. It’s bad enough we need it to feel fluid unless you stack on haste

1 Like

Get an addon called weakauras, and import a rogue/outlaw string from the website, many usually have a good rtb tracker so pick one that is visually appealing.

General roll rule is broadside=true bearing > ruthless precision > reroll rest. When it comes to 2 buffs, only keep if it has any of those top 3 desirable buffs, any other 2 buffs you reroll. Obviously keep 5 buffs. Use count the odds as your conduit, its bis and it will smooth out rng from rtb.

By the way, never blame your dps on rtb, roll rng no longer affects the specs normal damage that much. You should still do good dps with bad rolls, any rogue that blames rtb rng is not playing well.

1 Like

Great info but your statement about RtB not affecting dps is absolute bs. There is a significant difference between an outlaw rogue not getting a good roll for an entire fight and a rogue that is blessed.

The problem mostly compounds for lower ilvls and somewhat smooths out once you are itemized properly on the upper end.

For example a 220 outlaw rogue smoked me on one attempt but with me being at 209 it was no big thing. Next attempt I smoked him by atleast 20%. I can only imagine it was RtB that changed. His parse record and Io were much higher than mine as well as item level. Neither of us died on either attempt.

Sure it’s possible he fat fingers for half the fight but I’ve seen this too many times.

Go watch a rogue dps with only gm verse tb or bs. There is a difference by the third roll.

1 Like

I said rtb won’t affect your dps that much even with bad rolls, and this difference is even smaller in aoe. People need to stop with this old mindset of “i get bad rolls, therefore im doimg bad damage”. This isnt pre 7.2 legion where getting a tb is everything. Theres a reason why some outlaw players are consistently top 10 on parses and outlaw are being brought to high keys. Take this from someone who is maybe way more experienced than you.

Yada Yada not gonna argue

They have really improved Roll the Bones from what it used to be. It is now a lot more predictable, with 1, 2, or 5 rolls. Just consider it to be a bonus to your regular DPS if you get a good roll, you cannot count on them. Certain conduits and/or talents can help improve it, but they come at the cost of avoiding something else.

It does get infuriating at times when you keep getting bad rolls but for some reason I still enjoy it.

When you do get them good rolls though… hell yaa

1 Like